A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

Wait... Are people actually complaining because Pratt likes to hunt?  That he's a messed up human being because he practices a legal hobby and practice that many people around the world do?

Look in the politics forum here and you'll know I'm one of the more (or even most) "liberal" members of this forum.  But that's an incredibly ridiculous complaint.

That quote isn't out of the ordinary, and it isn't Chris Kyle like.  He isn't saying he likes to go shoot down looters at Katrina, he's saying he likes to hunt.  Hunting is normal and natural, you don't have to enjoy it or partake in it, but don't act like somebody is a psychopathic barbaric brute for hunting.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Wait... Are people actually complaining because Pratt likes to hunt?  That he's a messed up human being because he practices a legal hobby and practice that many people around the world do?

Look in the politics forum here and you'll know I'm one of the more (or even most) "liberal" members of this forum.  But that's an incredibly ridiculous complaint.

That quote isn't out of the ordinary, and it isn't Chris Kyle like.  He isn't saying he likes to go shoot down looters at Katrina, he's saying he likes to hunt.  Hunting is normal and natural, you don't have to enjoy it or partake in it, but don't act like somebody is a psychopathic barbaric brute for hunting.

LOL. Hunting for fun is 'normal and natural'. LOL, I've snapped.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Dude, I was trolling :lol: I was not being serious at all :lol::lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bapi said:

LOL. Hunting for fun is 'normal and natural'. LOL, I've snapped.

Yeah... It is... 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Dude, I was trolling :lol: I was not being serious at all :lol::lol: 

That was more at Bapi for going off about how Pratt should shoot himself for hunting.

Just now, The Panda said:

Yeah... It is... 

That was more at Bapi for going off about how Pratt should shoot himself for hunting.

No, it is not.

I didn't say he should shoot himself for hunting... I used his quote where he says that he feels 'close to God' when he's hunting so I'd just like to recommend him that he maybe should try to shoot hismelf and then he'd feel even more 'close to God'. ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

So is this an action movie or just a low key sci fi drama? I was thinking the latter but Pratt's tweet seems to indicate the former

From what I've read it's a sci-fi drama and most of it takes place between 2 characters in one ship. 

$32m of the $95m budget is JLaw ($20m + backend %) and Pratt's ($12m) salaries and there were millions spent on previous iterations that's part of the budget.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

So is this an action movie or just a low key sci fi drama? I was thinking the latter but Pratt's tweet seems to indicate the former

The script is a drama/romance, featuring one short action setpiece at its climax. If it's got a big budget then the film may have some action.

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

$32m of the $95m budget is JLaw ($20m + backend %) and Pratt's ($12m) salaries

Hmm. 

Something tells me that this time she won't complain about salary disparities between men and women.

I've read the script and Pratt is definitely the main character too lol and I know Jlaw has an Oscar but his films have been just as big as hers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

$32m of the $95m budget is JLaw ($20m + backend %) and Pratt's ($12m) salaries

Hmm. 

Something tells me that this time she won't complain about salary disparities between men and women.

You're right, because this one example definitely disproves her entire point/makes her a complete hypocrite.

26 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I've read the script and Pratt is definitely the main character too lol and I know Jlaw has an Oscar but his films have been just as big as hers.

They made the deal before JW. JLaw has an Oscar, plus the Hunger Games and the X-men franchises. Pratt was the main star of GOTG, but that's it. Sony obviously gave the bigger salary to the bigger star.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Gamb1993 said:

You're right, because this one example definitely disproves her entire point/makes her a complete hypocrite.

622508805.gif

....If this salary was somehow decided before she made the whole essay on the wage gap, then yes, it would've made her look like a hypocrite. But this salary was decided AFTER she spoke out about the injustice between the pay of men and women. Therefore, it seems to me like her voicing her opinion actually had a desired effect on Hollywood. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

....If this salary was somehow decided before she made the whole essay on the wage gap, then yes, it would've made her look like a hypocrite. But this salary was decided AFTER she spoke out about the injustice between the pay of men and women. Therefore, it seems to me like her voicing her opinion actually had a desired effect on Hollywood. Thanks.

I'm not going to call her a hypocrite but you are wrong. She spoke out about pay inequality in October 2015, 5 months after her $20M contract for PASSENGERS was signed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

It does indeed.

It doesn't. One Oscar, multiple nominations, two huge franchises and her DOR movies prove she's a draw. As much as I love Pratt two huge films riding on franchises does not make him her equal so this is not even close to her and Adams making less than Bale and Cooper.

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

It doesn't. One Oscar, multiple nominations, two huge franchises and her DOR movies prove she's a draw. As much as I love Pratt two huge films riding on franchises does not make him her equal so this is not even close to her and Adams making less than Bale and Cooper.

have you seen the film? She is in it for like 20 minutes. Bale is the lead character, Cooper is a supporting actor but by far the biggest supporting in the movie.

• Like 1