baumer

Baumer's ridiculous, uninformed, stupid list of MY BEST 105 FILMS EVER , FULL LIST PG 42

101) Love and Other Drugs (2010)

Edward Zwick

love-and-other-drugs.jpg

This is an intensely personal film for me as the female lead character is suffering from Parkinson's.  And even though the disease I suffer from is not the same as Parkinson's, it inhibits me from doing things in the way it does her.  There's one scene in the film that hit me more emotionally than any scene in Titanic or Rocky and any other emotionally galvanizing story.  Anne Hathaway plays Maggie Murodck and she is attending a meeting with other Parkinson's people.  In it she finally meets others who are suffering as she is and they let it all out.  They complain humourously about all of the things they cannot do because of the disease.  She breaks down in some ways at this meeting and I broke down as well.  It's a marvelous film directed by Glory's Ed Zwick.  Jake Gyllenhaal, Hathaway and Josh Gad (my new Bill Paxton), all turn in Oscar worth performances.  

This is perhaps my scene from any film in the last decade:

Maggie Murdock: I'm gonna need you more than you need me.

Jamie Randall: That's okay.

Maggie Murdock: [crying] No it's not! It isn't *fair*! I have places to go!

Jamie Randall: You'll go there. I just may have to carry you.

Maggie Murdock: ...I can't ask you to do that.

Jamie Randall: You didn't.

200_s.gif

Edited by baumer
  • Like 8

100) The Contender (2000)

Rod Lurie

"The Contender" is perhaps the best film of the year 2000. Joan Allen is astounding as vice-presidential nominee Laine Hanson, she's quietly strong yet vulnerable, Jeff Bridges gives an Oscar-worthy performance as a fun lame-duck president that always manages to seem smarter than everyone else in the room, Gary Oldman plays the evil Shelly Runyon like someone that everyone hates but that everyone respects, and the under-rated Christian Slater shows us how good an actor he is as a sly political newcomer. The Contender has a strong story and able direction by Rod Lurie.  It's the story of a vice president nominee, female, who has her name dragged through the mud during a political campaign...all because she may of had an orgy in college.  She will not respond to the allegations because she (correctly) feels that someone's sexual history is none of the public's business and it also has no bearing on her ability to run a country.  It's blessed with a terrific script and as well as everything else I mentioned. It's a great film.

contender_allen.png?w=640

• Like 3

When I saw TDK, instantly I knew it was a classic.

When I saw The Hobbit, I instantly knew it was a film that smelled like Bigfoot's dick.

When I saw TDK, instantly I knew it was a classic.

When I saw The Hobbit, I instantly knew it was a film that smelled like Bigfoot's dick.

I don't know the bigger story that you saw Bigfoot? Or you got close enough to know what his dick smells like?

• Like 1

Edward Zwick

love-and-other-drugs.jpg

This is an intensely personal film for me as the female lead character is suffering from Parkinson's. And even though the disease I suffer from is not the same as Parkinson's, it inhibits me from doing things in the way it does her. There's one scene in the film that hit me more emotionally than any scene in Titanic or Rocky and any other emotionally galvanizing story. Anne Hathaway plays Maggie Murodck and she is attending a meeting with other Parkinson's people. In it she finally meets others who are suffering as she is and they let it all out. They complain humourously about all of the things they cannot do because of the disease. She breaks down in some ways at this meeting and I broke down as well. It's a marvelous film directed by Glory's Ed Zwick. Jake Gyllenhaal, Hathaway and Josh Gad (my new Bill Paxton), all turn in Oscar worth performances.

200_s.gif

Forgot about this. Should've been in my top. Pretty high ranking as well.
  • Like 1

Edward Zwick

love-and-other-drugs.jpg

This is an intensely personal film for me as the female lead character is suffering from Parkinson's.  And even though the disease I suffer from is not the same as Parkinson's, it inhibits me from doing things in the way it does her.  There's one scene in the film that hit me more emotionally than any scene in Titanic or Rocky and any other emotionally galvanizing story.  Anne Hathaway plays Maggie Murodck and she is attending a meeting with other Parkinson's people.  In it she finally meets others who are suffering as she is and they let it all out.  They complain humourously about all of the things they cannot do because of the disease.  She breaks down in some ways at this meeting and I broke down as well.  It's a marvelous film directed by Glory's Ed Zwick.  Jake Gyllenhaal, Hathaway and Josh Gad (my new Bill Paxton), all turn in Oscar worth performances.  

200_s.gif

I had to look up Ed Zwick since he kinda just disappeared after this film. Turns out he has a movie due this year about American chess legend Bobby Fischer starring Tobey Maguire due this Fall.

• Like 3

Can't do no fool-ass countdown, so I'll just post them alphabetically.

Stingray's Top 33 best ultimate motherf**king movies ever!!

Alien
Apocalypse Now
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Badlands
Beverly Hills Cop
Bloodsport
Carrie
Chinatown
City of God
Do the Right Thing
The Godfather: Part II
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Goodfellas
Halloween
Jaws
JFK
Mulholland Dr.
Once Upon a Time in the West
Predator
Pulp Fiction
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Road Warrior
Se7en
The Shining
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Taxi Driver
The Terminator
The Thing
The Thin Red Line
Tremors
True Romance
Twelve Monkeys
Wild Things

PS: Hope it's cool I do it here, baumer. If not, this post will self-destruct in five seconds...

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 7

Passion of the Christ?

Oh boy.

If anything, Passion of the Christ gets a ton of credit for being the only modern Bible film that works.  I was never bored or rolling my eyes during it and its honestly quite gripping.  Hollywood just fucking sucks at the whole Bible thing, lol.

• Like 4