kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

5 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

This, BABY DRIVER and ATOMIC BLONDE look more fun than some of the 'blockbusters' this summer season.

I hope the trend of stylish and not overly serious action movies continues. FF and John Wick started it, those movies are generally cheaper than other blockbusters and do decent money. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

This, BABY DRIVER and ATOMIC BLONDE look more fun than some of the 'blockbusters' this summer season.

This, Baby Driver, Atomic Blonde and Dunkirk are now my most anticipated summer movies. The blockbusters for the most part look meh to me. So I'll probably be spending my money on these four films plus the comicbook ones. 

• Like 5

Just now, Nova said:

This, Baby Driver, Atomic Blonde and Dunkirk are now my most anticipated summer movies. The blockbusters for the most part look meh to me. So I'll probably be spending my money on these four films plus the comicbook ones. 

Same. I might catch Alien and the animated ones too. Also Dark Tower depending on reviews

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nova said:

You're missing the BESSt film out of all of them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Considering that it's coming in a rather uncompetitive August, w/little to nothing to give it much trouble, and it has three weeks to make some good money before the juggernaut It smashes through everything, can it go O/U Die Hard unadjusted or Don't Breathe?

I never know what to expect from Ryan Reynolds films but this does look like a breakout type film in a dead month. So it should do decent business as long as it's decent. Something like $25M OW and $75-80M total shouldn't be out of the question. But we shall see when it gets closer to release date. 

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think it would be really good marketing if they can sell this film as a Deadpool type film when you consider just how big Deadpool was. Now a days it's hard to sell films in general let alone original films. This is an R-rated action comedy...much like Deadpool was. If they can sell it off as a Deadpool/Nick Fury team up type film, it's actually brilliant marketing, in my opinion, because maybe then you can get butts in the theater because we all know Ryan Reynolds isn't doing that on his own and Sam Jackson is hit or miss.