baumer

Tuesday #s BaTB 18m (Damien has spoken) Asgard

33 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Fantastic Tuesday number. 500m is way more likely than not right now. I think we are in for something special this weekend.

There's alot of competition, none of it direct but still. 

30 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Oh well. I am not committing suicide or anything, but it's a bummer that such an utterly mediocre, intelectually lazy and emotionally vapid film is making a killing at the box office; nostalgia is a hell of a drug. However, it is not the first time that the GA thinks a film turd is the second coming, so I'll just have to accept it and eat some delicious crow. 

You and @That One Guy should form a prayer circle.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, lilmac said:

There's alot of competition, none of it direct but still. 

Lol, hardly. As if Power rangers and the fucking Smurfs are going to impact this.

It has a pretty free run until Fast 8.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Everything is a competition in some way because they lead to losing theaters and screens. 

Yeah but i think if a movie has so much momentum like BatB it plays pretty much in its own league. Its not like the people who want to see this in the 2nd or 3rd weekend will skip it because of other movies. I mean look at JW: That faced IO, a 90M opener in its 2nd weekend and didnt give a sh*t about it, still grossing 100M+.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Yeah but i think if a movie has so much momentum like BatB it plays pretty much in its own league. Its not like the people who want to see this in the 2nd or 3rd weekend will skip it because of other movies. I mean look at JW: That faced IO, a 90M opener in its 2nd weekend and didnt give a sh*t about it, still grossing 100M+.

Good point! :)

48 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's okay if people don't like a movie. You can't get on his case for that. I think it's pretty sad that an intellectually vapid and emotionally horrible blah blah blah movie like Harry Potter dominated for so long as well. But that's just me LOL

It's true. If someone really wants to, that complaint can slapped on just about any $1B+ earner at the box office. It's just a matter of opinion.

• Like 2

With a 90-95 2nd weekend it will be at ~320.

That still puts it on track for 400 by the 3rd weekend : 320 + 30 (2nd Mon-Thu; -45% from 1st Mon-Thu) + 50 (3rd weekend; -45% from 2nd weekend) = 400

500 is tough to miss. Should be targeting RO/TDK.

• Like 9

Love the passive-aggressiveness of ”hey, it’s his blahblablah opinion and [the subtext of] we have to respect it, god bless his little dumb soul for not riding the BATB bandwagon.” Great mb moderation lessons. ;) 

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Really unprecedented. It must be the biggest Tuesday bump for a 150m opener of all time and by a large margin.

For comparison CW only rose 3 percent. 

It shows it's playing torwards families and that it isn't frontloaded.  100m Second weekend is looking more likely.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

So you thought it was only going to open to $80 million dollars when it was tracking for $120 million-$140 million and had already surpassed finding Dory ($135 million) as Fandango's top family film pre-seller ever?

Fandango pre-sale information is generally not very reliable, and basing predictions on it has been shown time and time again to be a mistake, as most people on here will know.

If you look at other live-action Disney remakes - Maleficent, Cinderella, Oz, Jungle Book - 80M is a perfectly reasonable number to expect. I originally thought 60M or lower as it's a musical, but realised in past couple weeks that that wasn't going to make a difference, so upped my prediction to 80M as I said.

23 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Love the passive-aggressiveness of ”hey, it’s his blahblablah opinion and [the subtext of] we have to respect it, god bless his little dumb soul for not riding the BATB bandwagon.” Great mb moderation lessons. ;) 

Girl, for a troll, you sho is sensitive. 

• Like 3

People need to understand, that people like us are not general audiences. We watch a movie like every day, but many don't, so there's no feeling of "seen that before", like we have it every once in a while. 
Also, I'll never understand, why every movie has to be intellectually challenging. 
There's so many basic food I don't want to miss.
Haute Cuisine every day? Not so much.

For me, movies, others call dumb, still add to more variety in my life as a movie addict. 

There's so much out there to love for people like us. We are a very blessed bunch of addicts to be very honest.

That's why I don't understand, why so many find so much time to do the opposite of loving movies. 

• Like 22