kayumanggi

INFERNO | 10.28.16 | Sony | final gross ● 34.34 M

Neither of the first 2 were particulary great. The second one was more entertaining though.

But i'm a sucker for this kind of films so i'll definitely watch this. Looks fun.

I don't see it doing much in the US (about 100m or so) but it'll do great overseas.

20 minutes ago, zackzack said:

More mass death & destruction?

I thought this guy has done it already

Jeez, can we have one year movies without an apocalypse?

No spoilers, but the movie won't end the way you think it will.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, antovolk said:

This looks ... ehh... I'll refrain from commenting except to say that if Hanks weren't in this, this is the kind of trailer I'd expect to see for a cheap B-movie premiering on the SyFy channel... even Hanks, I don't know wtf he's doing with that performance...

What *is* interesting is that both of these trailers feature 75% exclusive footage...interesting entirely different perspective each market is taking.

Edited by Macleod

Watched the first hour of Angels and Demons tonight before Dory. Has started out surprisingly strong. While the last few minutes I was watching started to waver and become convoluted, the story is much more intriguingly told and face-paced.

Bizarrely enough, I've seen the trailer with two IMAX films (Independence Day and Ghostbusters), and it wasn't in IMAX format (which is to say that the resolution was lower and the filter on the projector shifted both before and after the trailer ran, sandwiched between other trailers that were displayed in the proper resolution) despite the fact that the IMAX release was confirmed prior to the first time I saw the trailer.

I'm approaching this one with extreme trepidation. I'm an apologist for The Da Vinci Code (which might have something to do with the fact that I was 15 when I read the book and saw the movie), but I loathed Angels & Demons when I saw it on its opening night in 2009. I still want to believe that a film directed by Ron Howard and starring Tom Hanks can't be terrible, but Angels & Demons clearly suggests otherwise...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Bizarrely enough, I've seen the trailer with two IMAX films (Independence Day and Ghostbusters), and it wasn't in IMAX format (which is to say that the resolution was lower and the filter on the projector shifted both before and after the trailer ran, sandwiched between other trailers that were displayed in the proper resolution) despite the fact that the IMAX release was confirmed prior to the first time I saw the trailer.

I'm approaching this one with extreme trepidation. I'm an apologist for The Da Vinci Code (which might have something to do with the fact that I was 15 when I read the book and saw the movie), but I loathed Angels & Demons when I saw it on its opening night in 2009. I still want to believe that a film directed by Ron Howard and starring Tom Hanks can't be terrible, but Angels & Demons clearly suggests otherwise...

What? Angels & Demons, both the film and the book, is the best kind of silly, dumb fun there is! It doesn't even really try to pretend to be otherwise! It's better than Da Vinci Code for it.

imho

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1