Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

I love Mangold, particularly his most recent films.  But there have been screenings of this for certain people (not necessarily the public)...that's all I have to say.  An established industry friend of mine (who had first-hand knowledge of earlier screenings for this) just texted me:

"No screenings?  LOL.  Next they'll be telling us that Warren Beatty follows the rules..." 

10 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I love Mangold, particularly his most recent films.  But there have been screenings of this for certain people (not necessarily the public)...that's all I have to say.  An established industry friend of mine (who had first-hand knowledge of earlier screenings for this) just texted me:

"No screenings?  LOL.  Next they'll be telling us that Warren Beatty follows the rules..." 

Man....

So much for the idea that the scoopers are the ones who lie.

How many times do we have to do this stupid "OH NOEZ THE TEST SCREENINGS ARE BAD. THIS IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER NOW WAHHHHHHHH" crap on this forum? How many times do I have to share this video to you guys every single time you lot have a meltdown over some kids movie? How long does it take for you guys understand the key word of TEST screening? So obnoxious and tiring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems believable to me. Knowing what Disney has been doing, make sense they will have Fleabag replacing Indy in the end or something like that.

Edit: Are we sure he isn't just a Disney hater. Look at his BP2 preview

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/10/ji8ert7hs0egswmbhpvcqvww8gfuly

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Seems believable to me. Knowing what Disney has been doing, make sense they will have Fleabag replacing Indy in the end or something like that.

Edit: Are we sure he isn't just a Disney hater. Look at his BP2 preview

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/10/ji8ert7hs0egswmbhpvcqvww8gfuly

I wouldn't say he's necessarily a Disney hater, but he drips nothing but disdain for the cbm genre as a whole. That's why he can say, without any sense of irony, "Is anybody actually looking forward to this?"

Apparently the projected $175M opening didn't answer that question for him. 🤨

Edited by A Star is Delayed

20 minutes ago, A Star is Delayed said:

I wouldn't say he's necessarily a Disney hater, but he drips nothing but disdain for the cbm genre as a whole. That's why he can say, without any sense of irony, "Is anybody actually looking forward to this?"

Apparently the projected $175M opening didn't answer that question for him. 🤨

He didn't project, he just did commentary on Variety's bit, iirc said that "175 seems excessive"

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

No interest in this - I don't want to see an 80 year old Indy any more than an 80 year old Bond - but I'd be surprised if Mangold's made a proper dud. The guy is the definition of 'reliable'.

it's gonna be hard to take seriously an action movie hero when you know the villain can probably end his life with just a good shove.

can be something like The Mule, half the tension of that movie comes from clint eastwood being old as fuck. just getting out of his truck i was worried he was gonna break a hip.

• Like 3

To be perfectly fair we also had test screenings saying stuff like Eternals was a masterpiece so… I usually try to withhold judgements on these things until at least a few weeks before release. Tbh Indy 4 is a mess and though I like Mangold as a director an Indy movie without Spielberg and Lucas creatively involved seemed pretty “meh” to me from the get-go.

18 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Ruimy's sensationalized or been wrong about a couple things in the past, so maybe take it with a pinch of salt.

Also, given the false reports about The Rise of Skywalker having test screenings, here might not be any being held for this film at all.

Public and internal/industry screenings are two different things, you know... just sayin.'  😉  

And these folks are in the business of telling stories as a profession... Film was always an optical illusion. 

Edited by Macleod

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Public and internal/industry screenings are two different things, you know... just sayin.'  😉  

And these folks are in the business of telling stories as a profession... Film was always an optical illusion. 

...the king still spoke.