Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

19 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

For some reason THIS is the film that has attracted ire from the Jordan Ruimy and Gamer Gate crowd. Apparently the goalposts have moved from "women-led films" to "any movie where a woman has a non-sexual speaking role."

Anyway, looks great, and the combo of early Cannes release plus Mangold getting a Star Wars would seem to indicate at least some confidence!

They believe Indy is going to die and Phoebe will replace him as the new female lead, so the whole point of this movie would be just turn the franchise into woke and keep going with it 

Everyone debunked this a million times but as we know, these morons believe what they want no matter how stupid 

• Like 5

I still think the Mario movie takes the cake for the funniest "grr it's woke". People were dunking on my Twitter timeline about some YouTube video that said Bowser was a simp and that Peach was a woke feminist. When it's like...this movie is for 5-year-olds. Go complain about grown-up stuff you weirdo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

For some reason THIS is the film that has attracted ire from the Jordan Ruimy and Gamer Gate crowd. Apparently the goalposts have moved from "women-led films" to "any movie where a woman has a non-sexual speaking role."

Anyway, looks great, and the combo of early Cannes release plus Mangold getting a Star Wars would seem to indicate at least some confidence!

It’s a Disney film produced by Kathleen Kennedy. Of course those people are gonna find a reason to be mad about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

The whole controversy around this movie felt so manufactured and forced. Anti-sjw crowd really want it to be bad or just hate it for whatever reason, but there's no real evidence of any nonsense they were pushing to back it up, and Disney's body movements never implied that the movie was in trouble, in fact it felt the opposite, that's why I never believed those rumors, they didn't even have a solid source and Mangold never made late Kennedy style movie or characters in his life, he was always quite old-fashioned. It would be really sad if all this forced negative buzz affects the movie at box office.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

An actually good looking poster?

IN THIS ECONOMY???

Maybe this really will explode!

Ikr? I mean damn they finally let somebody actually make a poster look artistic. Please let this trend continue with other movies Hollywood I'm begging you, let posters look cool again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I think this is the first Disney and Paramount collaboration since Popeye!

I don't think Paramount had much to do with the actual making of the film, they just have some residual rights because o ftheir contract with Lucasfilms, which carried over to Disney.

But, yeah, happy we will probably get the tradtional Paramount Mountain turns to something opening for an indy film.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

They believe Indy is going to die and Phoebe will replace him as the new female lead, so the whole point of this movie would be just turn the franchise into woke and keep going with it 

Everyone debunked this a million times but as we know, these morons believe what they want no matter how stupid 

Oh,I think Disney will find a way to continue the franchsie if Indy 5 makes a lot of money, but it will be with a recasting of Indy as a young man, not the Phoebe taking over.

Of course I also would bet money that, theough she won't get credit for it, she wrote a little dialogue for the film. She is pretty good at it, you know.

• Like 1