Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

I really REALLY liked that teaser to be honest, but I can see why people think this could look boring. It does seem like the type of movie you'd have to be very interested in and extremely invested to enjoy it, but I'm really looking forward to it now.

• Like 5

What's with the recent renewed fascination with Peter Pan lately? He was in Once Upon a Time last season, Pan, and will be in the upcoming tv musical. :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Pan_Live!

I'm sure it's due to the fairytale making a big comeback in the last 3-4 years. Ever since Alice we've gotten all kinds of fairytale box office hits, live action and animated. And it's spread to other forms of entertainment too, like TV and Theater.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I don't think it looks terrible. I don't think it looks great. It just looks like another telling of Peter Pan, so there you go

I remember there was another recent Peter Pan movie.  Couple of years ago.  Don't know how well that did. 

• Like 1

I remember there was another recent Peter Pan movie.  Couple of years ago.  Don't know how well that did.

Christmas 2003 . I thought it ws more recent as well.  Time flies.

It did, not well.  It starred Jason Isaccs as Hook/Mr. Darling and the budget was  $100m

Domestic: $48,462,608

Foreign: $73,512,403

Worldwide: $121,975,011

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=peterpan03.htm

• Like 1

Ehhh. It looked okey..

But it suicide not to release it Nov/Dec

As I said it does indeed look like a Holiday movie, however it would be suicide if they did actually release it next Nov/Dec. There's already the possibiliy of some big franchise movies having issues next Holiday because of how packed the schedule is. The kid/family movie schedule is crazy too. This would be completely buried. July is nowhere near the schedule that is Nov/Dec next year. Though it will be in trouble if Ant Man gets a big kid audience like MCU often does. Then both Ant Man and Minions will be stealing its audience. It should really be August. I don't see any of those scheduled movies being particularly successful and there's no reason for studios to be scared of that month anymore for blockbusters after this year.

Edited by MovieMan89

Joe Wright films always look good but I am not sure about the script. I like the dialogue however. Joe Wright's films also can lack emotion, but I prefer that over cheesy things like Hook. But for a film for child audiences there should be emotion. 

I would love if this was good, I love fantasy, but I am cautious. I am not really fan of fairytale re-imaginings (I do not know why Peter Pan is classified as fairytale but whatever).

Alice in Wonderland is underrated in regards to the giant trend it has spawned, its 1 B ww gross has made producers crazy.

Most of these stories are in public domain, that s why we have two movies with the same subject for example.

Blame Alice for this new trend which is almost as big as the superhero trend.

Old tales everybody knows of that will have their CGI heavy version, blame Depp, Wasikoswska and Burton.

• Like 1