Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

35 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Sorry to repeat myself, but yeah, it takes certain peculiar qualities to truly understand Bay s genius and the Bay Fan Club is Highly Selective,

both at BOT and in filmmakers's circles.

The Chosen Ones & Few.

Well it also takes certain peculiar qualities to understand The Futurist's humor.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6-I0YVPY0I

Team Moner !  She will be a break out star in this movie! Girl Power !  "FIGHT LIKE A GIRL" !

Hmm, it's very odd that ever since after Wonder Woman's opening weekend, you've been cheering on every other major tentpole that comes out each week...

VERY ODD...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

Sounds like thre could have been a fun 90 minute movie in there, but Bay couldn't help himself.

In fact that should be written on his gravestone. "I couldn't help myself."

More is More.

6 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Sounds like there was a fun 90 minute movie in there, but Bay couldn't help himself.

In fact that should be written on his gravestone. "I couldn't help myself."

Dunkirk a war movie: 107 minutes

TF5 a stupid-fun popcorn movie:  149 minutes

Either the Matrix is having a glitch on us, or Nolan and Bay had a bet to decide who would get the extra 42 minutes and Nolan lost.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Hmm, it's very odd that ever since after Wonder Woman's opening weekend, you've been cheering on every other major tentpole that comes out each week...

VERY ODD...

What's even weirder is each of those movies underperformed OW. Is Kevin a curse?

I liked it.

1>>>>>5/3/2 (depending on my mood)>>>>4 for me

IMO the film did a better job staying focused on the main plot than 3 & 4 (as far as I remember those two films)

Plus I liked how the robots were more involved in the action compared with people-only action scenes. Seems to me like the robots were way more involved in the plot compared to the previous films. 

Anthony hopkins (along with the robo-butler) was fun to watch!! And the movie didnt actually focus on the kids to my surprise.

Plot was cool, I liked the whole medieval aspect of it. And the action was great especially with more decepticon stuff. Makes me realized that these films would be way less interesting to me without decepticons for the autobots to beat up.

Not a big fan of the whole "certain autobot/decepticon appears in one scene and thats it" though :/ 

The triceratops dinobot appears for one scene, Grimlock disappears halfway, the other dinobots are nowhere to be found (replaced by tiny baby dinobots for some reason), and a cool Cat excavator autobot makes a brief appearance out of the blue with the autobots...so random. But nothing new to the franchise. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, YourMother said:

What's even weirder is each of those movies underperformed OW. Is Kevin a curse?

Cars 3 didn't really underperform, it did fine considering it was coming off a disliked previous film. 

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

VERY ODD...

I imagine he'll be crying with gleam if The House underperforms....

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Bay was bullshitting when he said 98% was filmed in IMAX. More like 70%. It was jarring seeing the aspect ratio changes constantly.

That really annoyed me when I watched the blu-ray of TDKR (I have a projector so it's really obvious). At this point I kinda wish they'd just wait until the tech allows them to film every scene in IMAX.

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

That really annoyed me when I watched the blu-ray of TDKR (I have a projector so it's really obvious). At this point I kinda wish they'd just wait until the tech allows them to film every scene in IMAX.

This makes TDKR's aspect ratio changing actually look good. TF5's felt like someone playing with a camera zooming in and out constantly. I swear there were at least five different aspect ratios, there was several scenes showing them all within seconds of one another. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 2