Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

TF1-3 are dumb but fun and the action HTF are good, TF4 was dumb and hella boring. But yeah it's the whole "style over substance" that most people haveT a problem with.

Has there been a big blockbuster that relies more on the opposite, "Substance over style"?

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Again, it was a shot from a distance of a military dude running with a bald head. I assumed it was him because I thought he was in the movie. 

Yeah that wasn't directed at you. My bad

• Community Manager
Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Has there been a big blockbuster that relies more on the opposite, "Substance over style"?

There are plenty of big blockbusters with both but I can't think of one recently where people complained there was too much substance, not enough style.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That is often the norms, not much style going on and often they are overstuffed/over complicated plot, too many character, etc... We get the Gravity/MadMax from time to time.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They are pulling the "One last time" thing :rofl:

Studio need to stop using that tagline unless it's actually the final film. Same with witness the end that WFTPOTA is using when I suspect there will be more films

Edited by Jonwo

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They are pulling the "One last time" thing :rofl:

This is emblematic of the movie's problems. 

Spoiler

If it's "The Final Chapter," why is there this GINORMOUS TEASE at the end of the movie for something else...that should have happened this movie?  By the way, how does said thing even happen (considering what they reveal in this movie) without destroying Earth entirely?  It's all B.S. 

Edited by Macleod

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That is often the norms, not much style going on and often they are overstuffed/over complicated plot, too many character, etc... We get the Gravity/MadMax from time to time.

Nah that's not what people mean when they say substance.

18 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

No he isn't.  

18 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

No he isn't.  

Actually, he is. Undoubtedly. 

48 minutes ago, Macleod said:

This is emblematic of the movie's problems. 

Hide contents

If it's "The Final Chapter," why is there this GINORMOUS TEASE at the end of the movie for something else...that should have happened this movie?  By the way, how does said thing even happen (considering what they reveal in this movie) without destroying Earth entirely?  It's all B.S. 

I'm betting come TF6 (if it gets made) they'll just drop it altogether.

45 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Nah that's not what people mean when they say substance.

Fully admit really not sure what they mean (and it seam a complete empty complain to me), I'm also not sure if they consider the cinematic tool to tell the story really not something of substance. Say for them does classical music completely empty of substance ? I usually read that type of complain in comments section, without ever someone explaining themselves or giving example.

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

Covenant should have used it too.

Fa8e used it too.

Mummy could have used too.

It is the official slogan of the Fast franchise, others are pretenders

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I still haven't seen a TF movie, and it's not like I've especially gone out of my way to avoid them.

But I did find Bad Boys 2 virtually unwatchable, so if they're anything like that I'm reluctant to start anytime soon.

The first Transformers movie kinda tried to be a decent summer movie.  Transformers 2 is even worse than Bad Boys 2.  The first half of Transformers 3 is nothing but bad humor and setup for a final act thats a mix of Man of Steel's 3rd act and Black Hawk Down with robots.  Haven't seen the 4th one and even though King Arthur and Merlin apparently show up in this one I think I'm gonna pass.

• Like 1