ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

Rank your favorite Writers/Directors.

I don't have nearly an encyclopedic enough knowledge of movies to have any kind of meaningful ranking, but I can spout off a few of my favorites. Fincher is tops, and I also love Tarantino, Kubrick, Scorsese, Rian Johnson, Michelle McClaren, Sam Raimi, maybe Louis CK (for his work on Louie), Adam Wingard. I don't know shit about writers outside of television. If you mean people who both direct and write their own movies, that's a pretty short list. I got Tarantino, Kubrick, and Raimi from that list, but most of the more prolific writer/directors are great at one (usually directing) and would be much better off if they left the other job to someone more talented than they. I can't imagine how much better Nolan and Cameron's movies would be if they'd just work from better scripts that they had nothing to do with. Hell, Michael Bay might be an acclaimed director if he was directing from good scripts.

• Like 1

Sure. Django and maybe Death Proof are the only movies that doesn't apply to.

Yeah while pacing is pretty much the biggest problem with Django it doesn't really apply to any of his other more revered stuff. Basterds and Pulp Fiction have pretty much perfect pacing and Kill Bill/Reservoir Dogs are both fine in that department as well. I'd probably also throw Jackie Brown in with those two but then again I'm one of the people who has absolutely no clue why some love that movie so much.

• Like 1

This trailer does things that essentially line up with my reasoning as to why I dislike the Bridge of Spies trailer.

Loud noises and music, with barely anything happening on screen, the shit is distracting.

• Like 1