Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

I finally saw this and as a Bond film I thought it was absolutely terrible. 

-The end does not work at all, its lazy and kinda comes out of nowhere.

-Lashana Lynch was better than I expected but the problem is that her character has no bearing on the plot at all, you could edit out all her scenes and the movie would barely change.  It feels like a late tacked on addition for whatever reason.  This is unforgivable in a movie that already has too much plot going on in it for a Bond film.

-The only real Bond girl in this movie is Ana De Armas and guess what shes the best part of the film but only in it for like 5 minutes.  Ugh, Why? 

-You really did Felix like that?  Ugh.

-Rami Malek's villain is pretty bad.

-The action set pieces in this were generic and forgettable, not one stands out.

-Bond doesn't feel or act like Bond in this movie at all.

Very disappointing end to the Craig era which started out with the best film in the entire franchise and goes out on a total whimper here.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I finally saw this and as a Bond film I thought it was absolutely terrible. 

-The end does not work at all, its lazy and kinda comes out of nowhere.

-Lashana Lynch was better than I expected but the problem is that her character has no bearing on the plot at all, you could edit out all her scenes and the movie would barely change.  It feels like a late tacked on addition for whatever reason.  This is unforgivable in a movie that already has too much plot going on it for a Bond film.

-The only real Bond girl in this movie is Ana De Armas and guess what shes the best part of the film but only in it for like 5 minutes.  Ugh, Why? 

-You really did Felix like that?  Ugh.

-Rami Malek's villain is pretty bad.

-The action set pieces in this were generic and forgettable, not one stands out.

-Bond doesn't feel or act like Bond in this movie at all.

Very disappointing end to the Craig era which started out with the best film in the entire franchise and goes out on a total whimper here.

100% agree. It was a terrible Bond movie that wont stand the test of time

For me, the first part of the movie up through the Cuba sequence was great. It felt the most like as Bond movie too me. Ana de Armis was awesome and Craig at least looked like he was actually having fun playing the role for once lol. 

After that the movie grinds to a bit of a halt and the action that we do get isn’t that good. For me, when your bad guy has an actual island lair, then the ending should go bigger. I’m talking You Only Live Twice or Spy Who loved Me big. But maybe that’s just me.  

I hope that with the next actor they get back to letting the character have a little more fun and go on, you know, actual missions and not be so serious and personal. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

264385215_4978381635505191_4121562565737

Got Time for Oscar?

Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if Craig got another BAFTA nomination, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Oscar-wise, I'm thinking it'll get nominations for Sound and Song.

14 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

For me, the first part of the movie up through the Cuba sequence was great. It felt the most like as Bond movie too me. Ana de Armis was awesome and Craig at least looked like he was actually having fun playing the role for once lol. 

After that the movie grinds to a bit of a halt and the action that we do get isn’t that good. For me, when your bad guy has an actual island lair, then the ending should go bigger. I’m talking You Only Live Twice or Spy Who loved Me big. But maybe that’s just me.  

This is exactly how I feel. For the first hour (Italy to Jamaica to Cuba), I was in Bond Heaven. Craig is loose and it felt he was finally getting to do his version of a Classic Bond flick. Once he returns to London, it gets fairly bogged down. I still love the whole thing but it never recaptures that early magic. 

• Like 2

The middle section in London was too long, so many repeating scenes. I hate that Ralph Fiennes' M needs to have so much screentime now post Skyfall (where it made sense to have a big focus on M) when he should just be Bond's boss that's in there for a few minutes. Final third gets back on track but the villain is a non starter and the ticking clock of the climax is so vague that it's hard to get invested into it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

What happened to the US box office for NTTD? Nothing was reported last weekend.

I believe it ended its run

Which is dumb. Looking at its numbers it looked like it could've made a couple more million. Probably couldn't hang onto enough theaters to make it worth while and just said fuck it

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

I believe it ended its run

Which is dumb. Looking at its numbers it looked like it could've made a couple more million. Probably couldn't hang onto enough theaters to make it worth while and just said fuck it

Exactly. Nothing pre-Ghostbusters: Afterlife kept theaters recently, even Eternals was knocked down.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, JWR said:

People said the same thing about "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". 

A lot of BOnd fans don't like films where Bond is emotionally vulnerable. Ignore that Fleming in the original novels made the point time and time again that Bond, unneath the bravado and tough guy image is pretty vulnerable. That is what OHMSS..both the novel and the movie..is all about.

• Like 1

5 BAFTA nominations:

• Best Cinematography (Linus Sandgren)
  • Best Editing (Tom Cross and Elliot Graham)
  • Best Sound (James Harrison, Simon Hayes, Paul Massey, Oliver Tarney and Mark Taylor)
  • Best Special Visual Effects (Mark Bokowski, Chris Corbould, Joel Green and Charlie Noble)
  • Outstanding British Film (Cary Joji Fukunaga, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G. Wilson, Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, Phoebe Waller-Bridge)
  • Like 1