Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

40 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Tbh. It is kind of how the series ebbs and flows. 

It how most franchises ebb and flow. Good films interspaced with bad or weak ones.

"The Spy Who Loved Me" the best of the Moore 007 films, was followed by "Moonraker" one of the weakest films in the franchise.

But the point is every Bond film..even the dogs like "View To A Kill" (imho the worst BOnd film) and "Die Another Day"  made a good profit for EON.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ban1o said:

the title reminds me of all those indistinguishable Bond titles from the Pierce Brosnan era that nobody would remember in a trivia game 

haha

and my favourite intro e.g. as it includes 006 Sean Bean, Also Gottfried John and a few other actors I like

• Like 4

not sure, but I think I never saw Goldfinger in OV, so I know only Gert Fröbe's performace in German and that is in my POV a very good one.

Found acc a little docu about it

Still one of the best in my POV, but average rating a bit too deep in comparison, I think, as too often usual for older movies, another case of a bit deeper rated than a today's movie (with todays pacing,...) would get

What a cast...

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Last Bond films for the last 4 actors

License To Kill

A View To A Kill

Die Another Day

No Time To Die

Lazy

or trying to build up a tradition, connection, in a way recognition?

Yeah, Bond titles often are a bit strange

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So since his time is coming to an end...am I the only one who this that Craig was a terrible Bond?

I wouldn't say terrible, its a revamp adapted to today's times and one with rather big changes, but I do prefer Connery by far too (even if lots of details e.g. how to behave with women is gone out of fashion), he is way nearer to the imagined by the creator Bond as far as I understand that, whilst trying reading up a bit about that and older impressions.

1 hour ago, junkshop36 said:

Connery will always be #1 for me. Followed by Brosnan, Craig, Moore, Dalton then Lazenby. 

I just want this one to be a good send off  for Craig

Putting Dalton that low is vile and criminal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

From Jolie/Bonham-Carter to Malek? Ugh

While I think Malek will do a good job, you shouldn't feel too discouraged. Bonham Carter could end up being the villain for Bond 26. I know I want her to be a Bond villain.

(Her, Cate Blanchett, Bryan Cranston, Viola Davis, Irrfhan Khan and/or David Tennant)

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

One of the four Oscar winners this year will play the villain in 26. Helpfully narrows it down.

You've just put the idea of Awkwafina as a Bond villian in my head, and I don't know how to respond to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let s face it, 60's Sean Connery era Bond would get cancelled today, would elicit a hundred think pieces about how Bond s behaviour is problematic.

That s how far we have progesses in the west.

Edited by The Futurist