grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

49 minutes ago, bapi said:

Great trailer! In my Top3 most anticipated movies of 2017 alongside Dunkirk and Blade Runner.

Blade Runner in the same year. So hello the giants of cyberpunk returning!

After that trailer this is definitely among my most anticipated along with Beauty and the Beast, Dunkirk and Guardians 2.

I spotted at least four iconic scenes from the movie, and one from the TV series first episode. The run-time of the 1995 anime film is 1:22 so they could fit a lot of the original and add a more complex story like that found in the show.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 3

Wow, fantastic jobs, the fans will be satisfied. That's great to see that Hollywood can adapt Japanese animation so well, when the will is here Hollywood can do everything :)

Definitely a movie I want to see :)

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

It looked very interesting and I really liked the setting, it's a shame I don't know the original material, I guess I would be more excited if I did by the reactions I've read so far.
I'm looking forward to the next trailer.

Next year will be awesome for sci-fi.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

It looked very interesting and I really liked the setting, it's a shame I don't know the original material, I guess I would be more excited if I did by the reactions I've read so far.

Better to watch the original movie to get an idea.

Dont like it much. It looks visually good, but amnesia instead of existential crisis? since when does that make sense being cyborg. Main plot of GitS is what it means to be human, and revolves around Motoko also, giving she has no human parts. Overall  movie is going for typical action flick instead going psyhological route in cyberpunk world.  

Good: visually great

everyone looks a part (both characters and scenes)

Bad: music choice

amnesia plot

more action over psyhological questions. 

Edited by Neno
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neno said:

Dont like it much. It looks visually good, but amnesia instead of existential crisis? since when does that make sense being cyborg. Main plot of GitS is what it means to be human, and revolves around Motoko also, giving she has no human parts. Overall  movie is going for typical action flick instead going psyhological route in cyberpunk world. And plot of GiTS was never really Motoko's plot. She was just a vessel to see world through her lenses. 

Major Kusanagi has no memories before her accident, and has no known ethnicity or nationality, and she was placed into a full cybernetic body at a very young age. One of the core ideas of Ghost of the Shell is that you no longer have a need for a body or restricted to simply one. A white women could jump into the body of a black man if they wanted (which makes the whole white washing thing a bit funny). So if you have no personal memories and are now cyborg are you even human? I did see in the trailer a brain being encased which is a slight change to source material in which even the brains are cybernetic. It is definitely going to be more action orientated than the TV series but that was to be expected. You cant create a philosophical big budget movie (unless your name is Nolan) these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

yeah I don't know the source material at all so maybe that is why I'm not excited as some in here.

But saying that, the trailer is decent and the movie looks to be fun at the very least so it did its job enough :)