Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

It would be nice to hear something from Cameron or Landau on the why? or maybe they'll just let Mickey speak for them from here on in. As a fan I'm pissed off right now, 32 more months of waiting....

meanwhile Disney has plugged in something called Cruella - Emma Stone (101 Dalmatians) for Dec 2020. 

2020 is so weak now that I think there is a very good chance of domestic yearly decline, and maybe even decline in China next year (if local films not strong enough). Global box office market deflation for the first time in a while?

Nolan's new original and Denis' Dune, please save next year!!

• Like 1

Can’t help but feel that this probably isn’t Disney’s “fault”. It’s more likely James Cameron asking for more time. Disney would probably like this out as soon as possible considering the money it’ll likely make, so let’s just be glad that they’re more interested in putting out the best film they can rather than rushing to meet a release date.

Edited by SnokesLegs

54 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

oh wow, some studio will take December 2020 real quick

It is a great slot, now open for grabs.

West Side Story remake? That's not big enough to take advantage of that slot, something else needs to jump in.

Edited by NCsoft

I honestly don't think James Cameron cares about box office at this stage in his career. He makes what he wants to make more or less and is more interested in his other personal projects (Like his incredible documentary on Science Fiction) and charity/science work.

• Like 3

I was in 4th grade when I saw the first film in theaters. By the time the second film opens, I’ll be legally able to buy alcohol at my local movie theater before going to sit down for Avatar 2. 

How the time flies indeed.

• Astonished 2

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I appreciate Cameron's work but I hope he doesn't die before directing something else besides Avatar sequels

He's never going to direct anything else. He's reached his Waterloo. This is playing out much like Lucas and Star Wars, except Avatar didn't start as a trilogy.

2 minutes ago, doublejack said:

He's never going to direct anything else. He's reached his Waterloo. This is playing out much like Lucas and Star Wars, except Avatar didn't start as a trilogy.

He even said that any story he would want to put on film he can do on Pandora

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I was in 4th grade when I saw the first film in theaters. By the time the second film opens, I’ll be legally able to buy alcohol at my local movie theater before going to sit down for Avatar 2. 

How the time flies indeed.

I was 8 when the first movie came out.  I will be 26 when Avatar 5 comes out.

• Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1