Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

13 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I absolutely do think this can open to 200M, if JW did it I'm not sure why it would be out of the question for this one. Obviously there's 0 chance it challenges Endgame's OW though, it just isn't that sort of film. If Cameron is able to pull off another super crowdpleaser that audiences love, it will then clean absolute house during the holidays.

I believe inflation made Endgames weekend slightly more achievable given it adjusts to over 400m now otherwise i'd have agreed there wasn't a chance. If a Guru however told me one of these is correct, Avatar makes under 200m on its opening or 360m, id pick the 360m as i cannot see a scenario where it sells less tickets than the likes of Beauty and the Beast.

I believe Avatar will draw in the MCU crowd and then some. I think it performs more like a traditional blockbuster this time though with a huge opening and far more reasonable legs. The legs is what i think most people will over predict

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SullyJake said:

I believe inflation made Endgames weekend slightly more achievable given it adjusts to over 400m now otherwise i'd have agreed there wasn't a chance. If a Guru however told me one of these is correct, Avatar makes under 200m on its opening or 360m, id pick the 360m as i cannot see a scenario where it sells less tickets than the likes of Beauty and the Beast.

I believe Avatar will draw in the MCU crowd and then some. I think it performs more like a traditional blockbuster this time though with a huge opening and far more reasonable legs. The legs is what i think most people will over predict

So right about beauty and the beast, people forget that you don't need to be popular with the nerd culture online to be absolutely massive.

This is the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time afterall

• Like 1

Why many people always think Avatar have no internet discuss is equal to Avatar have less influence?at least everybody know what Avatar is and remeber its popularity 12 years ago,if the hype of internet noise can determine the box office,then I think Naruto/One piece movie will beating Avatar as well,even these Japanese anime have far bigger discuss on internet than Avatar

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Puss in boots will probably be given earlier showings and avatar 2 will get the evenings

dont see it, avatar is nearly a 4 hour commitment 

I’m rooting for this movie to be a big hit that outgrosses the original, but I’m not expect a $200 million+ OW. This isn’t TFA. Avatar isn’t on Star Wars’ level just yet in terms of being a long-running franchise that can build an insane amount of hype from iconic imagery and beloved actors reprising their roles. Jake Sully is no Luke Skywalker just yet. 

• Like 3