Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, danziger said:

Checking the closest available date after 100+ reviews came in, the first Avatar was at 83 on Dec. 29 2009:  https://web.archive.org/web/20091229172645/http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/.

Yeah the first film didnt go up or down much at all as the reviews kept coming in.

Hopefully its the same with this film!.

Just a quick scan of the review headlines that I have seen so far:

"James Cameron’s Sequel Is What the Theatrical Experience Was Made For"

Indiewire

"'Avatar: The Way of Water' Is Exactly What Moviegoers Need"

-The Atlantic

"James Cameron returns to the seas with a celebratory theatrical event"

-AV Club

"James Cameron Strikes Gold Again With A Gorgeous, Thrilling Return To Pandora |"

-CinemaBlend

"James Cameron’s Mega-Sequel Delivers on Action, Emotion and Thrilling 3-D Visuals"

-The Hollywood Reporter

Edited by Derpity
  • Like 3

Why do you some care about a number on RT and MC?

The movie will get nominated in all the major awards for Best Picture and Best Director.

The numbers that all should be looking for this movie are audience reaction scores in all the different counties to see how high or low the box office can go.

• Like 1

Yeah, a little lower than I expected, but nothing to panic over.

I'm hoping MTC would climb a little bit now that some of the worst reviews are already in and still maintaining 72 is actually reasonably good. RT, unsure if it will come down or be stable, but hoping for 80+% at least.

Avatar I think is just going to fundamentally have some level of divisiveness built into it, it will always have a dedicated group of people who intensely dislike it, the people that were determined that its "style and no substance", won't easily turn around. That's fine, so be it.

Edited by NCsoft

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

63% incoming. It seeps into rotten upon release to the public. Another WW84 situation

You heard it here first.

Or in terms of the potential ”highest grossing films of all time”, a situation like 2019’s ”The Lion King”, kinda. I dunno. 🤷🏻‍♀️

That one’s at 52% on RT. Hopefully this film doesn’t go anywhere down to that film’s reception or so. That would be embarrasing. 🤦🏻‍♀️