Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

31 minutes ago, omark said:

From his review:

"You might recall that at the end of the last film, the Earthlings were dramatically sent packing from Pandora. Well, it turns out they just came back a year later."

This is totally false and a big mistake.
It is well known and even reiterated by various materials, statements, Avatar comics The High Ground, etc., that humans return 14 years later.

I mean... how can I believe the opinion of a guy who blatantly doesn't even seem to have followed the most basic events of the film?

He also said he had trouble telling the characters apart because "the Na’vi all look so similar." So his review is a fair warning for people with severely impaired vision.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

skyfall.... were excellent. 

was great the first time, good the 2nd, ok the 3rd but really soured on it the 4th

felt artificial if that made sense

2 hours ago, Flip said:

Feels like reviews were in line with expectations, and that they rather just affirmed that this is a straight up sequel to Avatar in that it seems to be very similar to the first in terms of story, visuals, etc.

so, here is my thing… So that we can keep the discussion going for another 10 pages…

are the reviews good enough to give it a final bump for pre-ticket sales? Because a lot of the reviews almost feel like confirmation biased. The glorious reviews are going to appeal to the people who already want to see the movie. And are already #TeamCameron.  The negative reviews say that it is super beautiful, but there is nothing beyond that. Which also feels like criticism that’s been lobbied against all of the trailers for the past couple months.

so what I’m saying, is, it feels almost like a wash. I’m just wondering if people think that as well, or if I am just on my own little island?

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

You know Disney rooting for Morocco tomorrow. France-Argentina would turn this into the international version of Age of Ultron opening weekend. FIFA may be getting a bribe from James Cameron this time.

Wouldn’t Morocco be more intriguing because they’ve never been there before? Or are people just assuming that the Argentinian team is gonna walk over them? Or am I just thinking that Morocco is more interesting, because I’m rooting for them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danziger said:

I don't know about the World Cup but if it's like most other sports, underdogs from small cities/countries are bad for ratings. I expect France would get higher ratings. But most fans will probably watch for Messi regardless.

France rating is really great

23 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

7 hours 😭

To your showtime my brother. Kayom??  If So... Hang in there......Your almost back my brother and longtime Compadrewith Jake and Neferteri and the kids .

........... BUT  YOU BETTER NOT GET SOFT  FOR THE RETURN TO PANDORA!" (...Or,,,. Well you know the rest.😉)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, danziger said:

I don't know about the World Cup but if it's like most other sports, underdogs from small cities/countries are bad for ratings. I expect France would get higher ratings. But most fans will probably watch for Messi regardless.

How long is the World Cup again,.. Not possible for those to Catch Avatar and watch the CUP? Is it an all day Soccer Venture. Been so long since I talked to World Cup Enthusiasts :)? 

9 minutes ago, Cap said:

so, here is my thing… So that we can keep the discussion going for another 10 pages…

are the reviews good enough to give it a final bump for pre-ticket sales? Because a lot of the reviews almost feel like confirmation biased.

I'd put it this way; 

The reviews are good enough for "it's badly reviewed" or "its reviews are mixed" narratives to not take place which could prematurely dampen passion for it for those who kind of want to see it,, and those who are on the edge. It should have no negative impact on ticket sale and allows later WOM from general audience to fully take effect.

• Thanks 1