Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

16 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

"Let's make JC great again"

I assume Avatar's Series will be the only film series where each film will gross more than $2B. 

This is simply improbable. If 2nd introduces some novelty of special effects to make it gross more than 2B/3B/4B then it will be washed away for 3rd part. So, If anything is making Money it's either 2nd or 5th. Not All.

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

This is simply improbable. If 2nd introduces some novelty of special effects to make it gross more than 2B/3B/4B then it will be washed away for 3rd part. So, If anything is making Money it's either 2nd or 5th. Not All.

Disagree. That’s like saying the novelty of the Avengers, Harry Potter or LOTR washed away between the first and last films. The middle films dropped a bit but they basically held line. So yes the likelihood is that A2 or A5 is the biggest of these next 4 but A3 and A4 can both hold over $2B if the audience is there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I didn't understand but felt like Age of Ultron gross more than Avengers: Endgame.

BTW, isn't Sequel intended to gross more than former like MCU',s Spidey. But, Avatar even have James Cameron has World's Best Director.

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

I didn't understand but felt like Age of Ultron gross more than Avengers: Endgame.

BTW, isn't Sequel intended to gross more than former like MCU',s Spidey. But, Avatar even have James Cameron has World's Best Director.

1 hour ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Disagree. That’s like saying the novelty of the Avengers, Harry Potter or LOTR washed away between the first and last films. The middle films dropped a bit but they basically held line. So yes the likelihood is that A2 or A5 is the biggest of these next 4 but A3 and A4 can both hold over $2B if the audience is there.

I mean giving Harry Potter as example was BAD on your part.

Also, I won't fight over it. One time Avatar was fine.

I simply hate Avatar 2/3/4/5 because It robbed world of something innovative and better JC could have made. I loved Terminator, I loved Titanic and the only bad movie he made was Avatar. In 2005 - my obsession with Hollywood begin with Terminator. Till, 2009 I think I had watched almost all famous movies released around that time and I was super-excited to see Avatar and what a bummer of movie it was- it took so many tropes out of movies that I had seen recently. No matter what anyone says, It never resonated with me - I had watched it in 3D in theatres twice and tried re-watching it recently and couldn't finish it. He devoted all his life for that shit so, YES, ALL directors take something from past movies but JC isn't just any director - he was GOAT.

I have personal problem with it.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

I simply hate Avatar 2/3/4/5 because It robbed world of something innovative and better JC could have made. I loved Terminator, I loved Titanic and the only bad movie he made was Avatar. 

I can't disagree more with this statement, Cameron has stated several times that the reason he is making the Avatar sequels is because he can say everything he wants to say on a variety of subjects within the world of Avatar/Pandora/Earth. In other words we haven't seen anything yet and as for new tech these will be the most innovative movies he's ever done. You can always watch Alita Battle Angel, it uses Lightstorms art dept and Weta technologies for the CGI, lots of innovations in that movie will no doubt be used in the Avatar sequels. Keep an open mind, who knows you might actually like the sequels. 

• Like 4

I think he shouldn´t do Avatar 2, 3, 4 or 5, his mystic will be lost, someone so brilliant like him should do another thing totally new, mybe his ego is afraid because this movie can not to be a b.o. monster, and with Avatar´s this almost guaranteed, but i think he should take the risk....

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:52 AM, Deuce66 said:

Just announced, a new game. 

Introducing AVATAR: Reckoning. Here's a first look at our new MMO mobile shooter from developer Archosaur Games, published by Level Infinite. Releasing in 2022!

271639482_10159084373509064_573624505666

made by chinese game developer backed by Tencent

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

CCP love Avatar I doubt why everyone is questioning that it wouldn't be released in China. Let's show JC power again!!!

A lot of reasons. 

1) Huge American IP capable of dethroning Chinese film at the top of the box office. The CCP isn't going to like this possibility one bit with their current hyper-nationalism stance.

2) Trade/cultural war with the US may go even further by then. 

3) Limited release schedule.

I mean honestly, if you think the CCP loves Avatar more than screwing a major US company out of accolades, maybe you don't know them as well as you think :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

A lot of reasons. 

1) Huge American IP capable of dethroning Chinese film at the top of the box office. The CCP isn't going to like this possibility one bit with their current hyper-nationalism stance.

2) Trade/cultural war with the US may go even further by then. 

3) Limited release schedule.

I mean honestly, if you think the CCP loves Avatar more than screwing a major US company out of accolades, maybe you don't know them as well as you think :D

I wish it's a Matrix Scene.... Ok no jokes. I mean films like Snake Eyes &Jungle Cruise got released in China which have earned a lot of money in compare to MCU &Sony Spiderman Universe which never got a date. 

Regarding Trade War, I doubt 12 months is enough time to resolved the problem.

Other than, regarding Limited Release did you mean Avatar will be removed after it is barely ¥2M-¥10M away from All-time highest grossing film.

Let's be positive &pray that films like MI7 &Maverick find a date in China. BTW, I believe that current ban is just affecting CBM not entire Hollywood. Hahaha, Let's Make Avatar 2 win All-time highest grossing film in the world.... 

JC bring Avatar 2 to China😁

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

I wish it's a Matrix Scene.... Ok no jokes. I mean films like Snake Eyes &Jungle Cruise got released in China which have earned a lot of money in compare to MCU &Sony Spiderman Universe which never got a date. 

Regarding Trade War, I doubt 12 months is enough time to resolved the problem.

Other than, regarding Limited Release did you mean Avatar will be removed after it is barely ¥2M-¥10M away from All-time highest grossing film.

Let's be positive &pray that films like MI7 &Maverick find a date in China. BTW, I believe that current ban is just affecting CBM not entire Hollywood. Hahaha, Let's Make Avatar 2 win All-time highest grossing film in the world.... 

JC bring Avatar 2 to China😁

Don't get me wrong, I HOPE it does but as of right now I have no faith in it. I feel like China will release 8-10 low/mid level American films just to say, "Hey we are releasing things!" but it won't be any of the major global films. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1