Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 hours ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Indeed. Most of Europe should beat NWH. Idk if Australia will or not. Japan could triple NWH. I'm curious to see the numbers in the other Asian countries. I think it could be Endgame level in a lot of them. 

It will do double of Endgame here. CBMs are weak in Japan. So, Avatar 2 will perform like Frozen 2 &Weathering With You in Japan

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

It will do double of Endgame here. CBMs are weak in Japan. So, Avatar 2 will perform like Frozen 2 &Weathering With You in Japan

Yea I said it could triple NWH in Japan, which should be more than double Endgame. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Yea I said it could triple NWH in Japan, which should be more than double Endgame. 

I wanted a Titanic level performance (It became the highest grossing in Japan at the time of release, overtaking Princess Mononoke, surpassed by Spirited Away on 2001) but Avatar dropped a lot from it. Avatar 2 should increase the former record of Avatar but I think it will drop little. Moreover, C.E.R. will affect it's run. 

My graph for Japan : Titanic > Avatar 2 > Avatar.

• Like 1

IMAX had 10x less screens and Avatar did 250m. So we can easily extrapolate a quick 2.5B from IMAX alone.

Also, please note that my prior post (not the one referencing the CCP) was removed so you may be missing context on what I said. I was not referring to the current treatment of the Uyghurs, which is beyond heinous. I was referring to China's current monetary policy (a continuation of my previous two posts). They are propping up a real estate market that they are using as a weapon against western economies, knowing that a collapse of their own debt laden RE market will spark a similar collapse worldwide.

Now, other than causing a housing market crash that could make '08 look like a tea party, it would also see revenues explode (again) due to the price (but not value) of said tickets going up. This may or may not cause even greater suffering than that, but the writing has been on the wall for a very long time, and I do not anticipate that anyone here who follows things like the box office and would be well versed in economic policy as a result to be caught by surprise when bread costs 5 times what it did.   

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

IMAX had 10x less screens and Avatar did 250m. So we can easily extrapolate a quick 2.5B from IMAX alone.

Also, please note that my prior post (not the one referencing the CCP) was removed so you may be missing context on what I said. I was not referring to the current treatment of the Uyghurs, which is beyond heinous. I was referring to China's current monetary policy (a continuation of my previous two posts). They are propping up a real estate market that they are using as a weapon against western economies, knowing that a collapse of their own debt laden RE market will spark a similar collapse worldwide.

Now, other than causing a housing market crash that could make '08 look like a tea party, it would also see revenues explode (again) due to the price (but not value) of said tickets going up. This may or may not cause even greater suffering than that, but the writing has been on the wall for a very long time, and I do not anticipate that anyone here who follows things like the box office and would be well versed in economic policy as a result to be caught by surprise when bread costs 5 times what it did.   

Get help:bagoverhead:

• Knock It Off 1

Lol, I didn't know that my post was too deleted. (Unless JCS mentioned about it) I just wish that the Avatar 2 win Global Opening Weekend from Avengers: Endgame.... +reaching $3.0B (meaning to say that Avatar 2 should be the 1st film to reach $3.0B)

Spoiler

I initially commented : "CCP love Avatar I doubt why everyone is questioning that it wouldn't be released in China. Let's show JC power again!!!" I did not know why this got deleted....

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Assuming it even gets released in China.

Come on,it's James Cameron....

You are kidding me,Let me tell you something,his popularity here is bigger than his popularity in America even in his homeland Canada,We all call him  "Cameron the God" here,I don't even know which country give him "The God" just like China,not "the God of movie",we just call him"the God"

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Come on,it's James Cameron....

You are kidding me,Let me tell you something,his popularity here is bigger than his popularity in America even in his homeland Canada,We all call him  "Cameron the God" here,I don't even know which country give him "The God" just like China,not "the God of movie",we just call him"the God"

So what? Is this buddy a Chinese filmmaker or party member?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Our president Jiang ZeMing recommend Titanic for entire nation  when the film released in China 1998,He said is the great movie,because of this, make many old people in China watch Titanic in cinema ,and we let Celine Dion sang"My Heart will Go on "on the "1998 Spring Festival gala" (It's the TV show which entire 1.4B Chinese watch it during the Sprong festival ,like superbowl in America.The Foreigner is really hard to get part in this show.)

It's kind of phenomenon like Wolf Warrior 2 and TBALC,the government help Titanic succeed in China ,we give Cameron's film equal treat as our local blockbuster.

So I can say we really love him here,probably the country which most loved him.

Edited by Bruce
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Jim is to my knowledge the only film-maker that has had a private meeting with Xi Jinping, I know it's the 20th congress this year, but if he doesn't step down it bodes well for Avatar 2.