Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Anyone thinkin over a biion possible from just uk, china, japan and austraila. Can avtar 2 go beyond avtar1s entire ww run os alone. First one made 2b and change os. Major markets are 200-400 plus percent bigger.

Oh my at this potential. Then its domestic potential is also crazy. Biggest hv seller since findin nemo. Biggest br of alltime. Could tap into both titanic fanbase,scifi, comics and the 30-90s movie crowd plus the kids and teens.. 800-1B domestic potential on the cards. Just looking at the jump of t2 over terminator, how avatar just easily handed over titanic on a silver platter. Though totanic is still truly the greatest bo run of them all. This avtar 2 ride is going to be insane. A near 2.2 b lock ww. Potential for 3-4b ww.....my god! The king of the world is coming!!-out

Again, no going to discuss it total gross ww wich will be amazing but plz get your numbers straight...

China yeah, it will have increases with 500% your right on that one.

UK is about even

France is about even

German is about even

Japan even or less

SK increase of 34%

Aust will be about the same

Rusia will have increased a lot in those 8-9 year but if the exanche rate stays as bad it won't mather.

Here's actually some news:

A Turkish designer has been chosen as one of two finalists to design the poster for U.S. director James Cameron's highly anticipated science-fiction sequel, Avatar 2.

U.S.-based Goksan Ozman is already known for designing posters for big-budget Hollywood blockbusters including Noah with Russell Crowe, Gravity starring Sandra Bullock and The Wolf of Wall Street featuring Leonardo DiCaprio.

"I am really excited about the result. My target is to come first in designing the poster for Avatar which will come out in 2017," said Ozman, speaking to Anadolu Agency from the southwestern city of Antalya.

Stating that his work was one of the last two for the final from among 10 rival designs, Ozman said that it was “an honor” to be one of the remaining contenders.

"When you close your eyes, forget the emotion and the story and think of the name of the movie only one frame survives in your mind – and that is the poster for the movie.

"If you can catch this point in designing a poster, then it means that you have succeeded," he said.

Dropping some hints about the plot of the movie, Ozman said: "A prison theme will dominate the story and I have focused on that theme while designing this poster."

Ozman said the result will be announced at the end of 2015. 

So, a prison theme, huh...

This seems fishy as hell, I don't see a guy like this spilling some beans on the actual premise of the movie & Cameron & Fox being ok with it ...

Weird.

Random Turkish designer gives the first details on the plot of Avatar 2 and you're suspicious?

But, he said that on the Internet...how can you doubt it?

Well, he's not that random, he supposedly already did posters for Hollywood and the story is directly quoting him. Who knows, it might be bogus, i just put it out there, it's news drought, beggars can't be choosers.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

I really don't give a damn, to be frank.

Take away the truly spectacular and groundbreaking visuals,and the first Avatar was a rather mediocre sci fi adventure. I don't really expect much better from the sequels.

H8ter.

Also, book your ticket, the Avatar hate train is a big one.

Not sure there s room left for you, seems full already.

Edited by The Futurist

In my opinion, the CGI aged terribly in this movie. I cannot even watch this anymore, it looks so fake and glossy to me.

Hahaha, that is why you only watch movies in cinemas (the biggest and best cinemas posssible).

Cinema movies on any kind of home equipment are a joke.

Edited by Fantastic Shay

This is turning into the Chinese Democracy of cinema.

Amen to that. I have always said that it is going to happen soon. I can not wait for the day when all superhero movies are over and Hollywood only makes Asian movies (far superior).

Edited by Fantastic Shay

you watch it 2D or 3D? 

this is truly a 3D movie; nothing looks fake and cgi-ed in 3D version, and til this day, it's still the best.

I watched it in 3D 2 times back in 2009 and I loved it, the visuals were grandiose. Last year I wanted to come back for another Pandora journey, but it felt dated. Some examples where I noticed bad cgi are the scene with the thanator attacking him or anytime there are multiple Na'vis on screen, they don't look as detailed. Overall, it isn't horrible, but it is not praiseworthy either.

In my opinion, the CGI aged terribly in this movie. I cannot even watch this anymore, it looks so fake and glossy to me.

I don't think it aged terribly. Parts of the movie looked fake from day 1, such as those no-name Navi's. But some other parts still looked as amazing as it was such as Jake and Neytiri (especially the 2nd half) because even up to this day there hasn't been a movie that could challenge Avatar's human-emotion CG-capture.

• Like 2

The CGI has aged badly. Yes it's only been 5 years but already it looks fake. Up close the performance capture is great, but when you watch the navi characters move they look like they're in a videogame. The animation quality just isn't there yet IMO.