Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Yesterday was the anniversary of the Titanic sinking so had a re-watch. I hope we get a re-release before Avatar although I won't hold my breath. 

Titanic + Avatar Marathon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I’m just waiting for the Avatar series on Disney+. I’m sure it will be announced any day now. 

They don't have permission to.

Cameron owns all the rights to the Avatar IP, so without his permission they won't be allowed to make it. Legally he could sue them if they announced it without his authorisation.

On 4/15/2019 at 1:10 PM, DAJK said:

Lol I love Cameron's smile's in almost every recent picture of him. It's halfway between :qotd::redcapes:

I'm not sure if anyone else sees it but I think it's hilarious. Like a guy trying to keep his humble nature even though he knows he's at the top

He's also beginning to bear a striking resemblance to the wat meme lady.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, feasby007 said:

They don't have permission to.

Cameron owns all the rights to the Avatar IP, so without his permission they won't be allowed to make it. Legally he could sue them if they announced it without his authorisation.

I think an Avatar related series will come sooner or later though, and I would happily watch that. 

On 4/15/2019 at 2:59 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

I personally really hope Endgame can take Titanic, Jim needs to be reminded other movies exist. 

The Downside of that happening (I admit now that there's a >>50% chance this will happen), is that we'll never see Cameron fully dominating the worldwide box-office in 2021 as follows, that's a bit unfortunate. 

1. Avatar 2

2. Avatar

3. Avatar 3

4. Titanic

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2019 at 2:59 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

I personally really hope Endgame can take Titanic, Jim needs to be reminded other movies exist. 

I'm pretty sure Jim is aware of other movies. Remember that he said that the Avengers franchise should already come to an end because the people should be able to watch other movies out there. And also remember his comments on other SH movies like GotG, Wondy, and Aquaman. It's like he has some grudge on SH movies.

Edited by UserHN

6 hours ago, UserHN said:

I'm pretty sure Jim is aware of other movies. Remember that he said that the Avengers franchise should already come to an end because the people should be able to watch other movies out there. And also remember his comments on other SH movies like GotG, Wondy, and Aquaman. It's like he has some grudge on SH movies.

That's not what he said, and I was speaking in Box Office terms, no one has challenged him for 20 years. Step it up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Yesterday was the anniversary of the Titanic sinking so had a re-watch. I hope we get a re-release before Avatar although I won't hold my breath. 

My goal this summer is to do a staff screening of Titanic, even if I'm the only one there. 

My biggest regret is being a dumb 13 year old during the 3D re release who thought "Titanic is a movie for girls"

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

That's not what he said, and I was speaking in Box Office terms, no one has challenged him for 20 years. Step it up. 

Titanic $2.187B has been challenged twice.

1- Star Wars TFA (2015): $2.068B / 94.5% of Titanic's total, if it wasn't for the franchises non-existent history in China in the 70's-80's it would've passed it easily, TFA only grossed $124 M in China. 

2- Avengers Infinity War (2018): $2.048B / 93.6% of Titanic's total. IW grossed $359M in China. 

I think Endgame will pass Titanic in (un)adjusted dollars. It was bound to happen eventually, will it have the legs to at least catch a glimpse of Avatar? IW only had a 9 week run above the 1,000 theatre mark (domestic), Avatar was 14 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Titanic $2.187B has been challenged twice.

1- Star Wars TFA (2015): $2.068B / 94.5% of Titanic's total, if it wasn't for the franchises non-existent history in China in the 70's-80's it would've passed it easily, TFA only grossed $124 M in China. 

2- Avengers Infinity War (2018): $2.048B / 93.6% of Titanic's total. IW grossed $359M in China. 

I think Endgame will pass Titanic in (un)adjusted dollars. It was bound to happen eventually, will it have the legs to at least catch a glimpse of Avatar? IW only had a 9 week run above the 1,000 theatre mark (domestic), Avatar was 14 weeks. 

I think Endgame could potentially reach $2.5b by outperforming everywhere (475 China / 750 DOM / 1275 OS-C), I really struggle to see where that extra 270m will come from. 

25 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The only compettion for Jim is the fabric of reality itself.

And his goal is to bend the rules of that reality in the visual medium.

Higher.

Further.

Faster.

or better known as himself

• Like 2
  • Haha 1