CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

That's actually the right way to do it.  It's much better to be able to rinse the bad taste out of your mouth with something good.  

Plus, let's just get Cars 3 out of the way as soon as possible.

No, because then we'll just be talking about Cars 4. I want it delayed as long as possible

The animation in Cars 2 is Picar at its best. People moan about cars, because it's the Pixar franchise that's catering for kids only. If it was a DW production, people would rave about it.

I would not be raving about it. Dreamworks has also done films much better than Cars. How to Train Your Dragon, for one.

I will say this for Cars, Carsland is awesome

Yeah, arguably the best themed land Disney or any park has ever created, which is some high praise from a theme park junkie like me (although bear in mind I haven't ever been to Tokyo DisneySea which I know most who have say is the best theme park in the world).

On that topic and a more related note to this thread, I'm interested to see how the just announced Toy Story land at the Hollywood Studios in Disney World will pan out. The one concept art we got of it looks good, but I'm not blown away yet or anything:

disney-park-04.jpg

Edited by MovieMan89

They already have two Toy Story Lands in Paris and Hong Kong, although they aren't quite the level of this. However I think for a park like DHS which has severe captaincy issues they really could have and should have thrown in another small flat ride and or kids play area. Won't open until 2018 probably 

• Like 2

Haven't read the whole thread, yet. But I'll admit, when the idea was announced, I was extremely iffy as to whether or not I should be happy.

After hearing the plot synopsis, I'm actually a bit more optimistic now, even a tad excited. Walking out of Toy Story 3, the only real loose end was the disappearance of all the other characters that we grew to know and love in the original two films, Bo Peep arguably being the most significant one. They have a chance to make something special out of this, especially when it comes to filling in the gaps between the second and third films. I'm also hoping that they keep Andy away from this film completely, barring perhaps a couple mentions. If he's out of the picture, the ending of Toy Story 3 will retain its power.

With that said, it is still a fourth installment, and fourth installments very rarely succeed. So I'm still a bit nervous about Pixar going through with this.

• Like 1

Pushed to 2018

'Cars 3' has been set for June 16th, 2017, pushing 'Toy Story 4' back a year to June 15th, 2018.
pic.twitter.com/TttuskOoUR
— The Film Stage (@TheFilmStage)
October 8, 2015

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fucking seriously? Worst part is we don't get Incredibles 2 until 2019.

Edited by WrathOfHan