Shawn Robbins

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS ALLOWED - Discussion Thread)

Yeah, Nolan really needs to do something about Mumbles McBane asap! He can still save it, but the villain has already had a bad first impression for the new version, after the bad Bane clusterfuck in Batman and Robin. Not a good sign... With this kind of negativity spreading, and super trolls like BKB around to make sure no bad news is supressed, it could be a rocky road to come back from if there isn't a quick fix on that voice. A little threat and menace go a long way, but Bane has neither.

See, even you admit he's a super troll.

I am and damn proud of it.. Oh and The AVENGERS is wiping the floor with TDKR next summer making batfans feel foolish for hyping up a 2nd rate villain and a lackluster trailer that follows him for TDKR.. The suck has set in boys..

Why do you always bold out your text?, do you think it makes you more important or something?.

The Ending

Apparent Ending

Bruce Wayne Lives

Nolan's Batman is dead

Batman's final act is the final blow to the always corrupt Gotham

John Blake does not become Batman or Robin or Nightwing in the movie

John Blake's Godfather of sorts seems to be Bruce Wayne and he Idolizes Batman as a symbol.

The very last shot:

John Blake discovers The Batcave, epic music begins, he pushes a lever/button inadvertently,

Camera is shooting very low to the ground near water level, Epic Music in full flow, the Bat Suit Platform Rises from under the ground overshadowing and obscuring John Blake

Fade to Black

The Dark Knight Rises

Director Chris Nolan

john blake does not become batman or nightwing or robin, he discovers the batcave and batsuit but doesnt wear it, its not even implied. Bruce Wayne is John Blake's Godfather and Batman his idol, all that happens is Blake discovers in the end that his Godfather is his Idol.

And Bruce Wayne/Batmans final act is the final blow to the cycle of corruption at Gotham

So if its the final blow, Gotham does not need Batman as a reality, just an idea, a symbol, a Legend

OK, I`ve read the spoiler that is like Hasan`s plus:

before we see JGL discover batcave, bruce and Selina are shown happy in Paris.

If this is true, why the fuck were people crying at the screening and calling this best ending ever? This sounds attrocious and safe and not at all as definite ending for Batman.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

how is it safe, Nolan is ending batman in reality! Essentially killing him off and making a world where batman is not needed anymore, essentially eliminating the circle of corruption which resulted in league of nations to continously destroy Gotham and rebuild it again. Batman remains as a legendary symbol of disparate and hope while Bruce toll both physically and mentally at the hands of the city comes to an end

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

how is it safe, Nolan is ending batman in reality, essentially eliminating the circle of corruption which resulted in league of nations to continously destroy Gotham and rebuild it again. Batman remains as a legendary symbol of disparate and hope while Bruce toll both physically and mentally at the hands of the city comes to an end

I guess it works in the context but just bullet point really doesn`t. besides:

if circle of corruption is eliminated why do they need Batman as a symbol of hope? I mean corruption is eliminated so no reason to hope it`ll be eliminated. Sorry that I`m confused but this sounds like rebuilding Gotham eliminates a need for Batman (because it`s in good people`s hands) yet JGL serves as a continuation? Doesn`t compute.

I guess it works in the context but just bullet point really doesn`t. besides:

if circle of corruption is eliminated why do they need Batman as a symbol of hope? I mean corruption is eliminated so no reason to hope it`ll be eliminated. Sorry that I`m confused but this sounds like rebuilding Gotham eliminates a need for Batman (because it`s in good people`s hands) yet JGL serves as a continuation? Doesn`t compute.

At the end of the movie

blake is not batman or robin or nigntwing, infact the middle name thing is fake, he is just a policeman, a friend and god child of bruce and like all the young generation of gotham views batman as his idol. He is the face of gothams future, thats it, thats his purpose

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

OK, I`ve read the spoiler that is like Hasan`s plus:

before we see JGL discover batcave, bruce and Selina are shown happy in Paris.

If this is true, why the fuck were people crying at the screening and calling this best ending ever? This sounds attrocious and safe and not at all as definite ending for Batman.

It's basically because

Batman is supposedly dead. Alfred is the one that catch Selina and Bruce enjoying a cafe in Paris. The John Robin Blake is NOT a hoax though. It is happening. Reading it looks boring, but it's supposed to be delivered with a lot of emotion and a sense that Batman is truly dead before we get to see him in Paris with Selina. Robin is becoming the symbol, pretty much like Dick Grayson did in the comics for a period of time. I guess that Nolan thought that calling a character Dick wasn't a great idea.

Well, I stumbled onto the spoilers at SHH.

Not happy about it at all. Been vehemently against that ending for years.

I say that you go off the internet for a week. Place will go to hell. And yes, I hate the ending in theory as well and it was written all over since JGL's cast, but I think you need to let the film do it for yourself and just leave it alone, for now. This place will go to hell in the upcoming days.