CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Weren't Peters parents agents of shield that got killed. They can work that in somehow

And Skye could be Peter's twin sister.  Wouldn't that be awesome? 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 5

Talkie would love that.

I have a weird feeling Skye's gonna be Ms Marvel.

Nah, I think Skye will turn out to be some obscure superheroine. Daisy Johnson has a lot of her characteristics -- mysterious past, orphaned, father was a supervillain (Mister Hyde), has powers -- plus she became Director of SHIELD at 19 with no training or special expertise. That character has Mary Sue Poots written all over her. The Whedon crew are probably ordering Director Skye's jumpsuit right now.

On topic: I am truly shocked that ASM2 came in under Cap2. Even though I predicted that in the TASM2 under TWS thread, it's actually amazing that it really happened. This is not going to lead to Sony giving up the rights or loaning Spidey to Marvel. That's crazy talk because they need to milk that cash cow even harder now. But the studio may pull back on those ridiculous plans for a Sinister Six spinoff and who knows what other nonsense they're considering. That would be a good thing.

2.5 adjusted multiplier puts TASM2 on track for just over 215M.

Which is just barely better than T:TDW. 

We live in a world where Thor is on par with Spiderman at the box office and Captain America is better.

Didn't see that one coming. 

• Like 4

Hopefully this reboot series dies after TASM3. Then I want Spiderman 2099. I can't see yet another reboot doing anything for the franchise. We need something totally new and fresh.

Honestly, all they have to do is "reboot" without telling the origin again. Jump right into the middle of one of Spidey's better storylines and just assume the audience's intelligence. I know most of you don't remember New Coke, but to keep making TASM films(even though I do like them) is tantamount to the Coca Cola corporation forcing us to have New Coke when we loved the original. New Coke was gone in less than half a decade and so will the TASM series. Four years after TASM, TASM3 will be the last one, IMO. They will just combine their ideas and make TASM3 and TASM4 into one film. That's my theory, anyway.

• Like 3

Which is just barely better than T:TDW. 

We live in a world where Thor is on par with Spiderman at the box office and Captain America is better.

Didn't see that one coming. 

Even better, TASM2 will likely sell less tickets than the ultimate franchise killer, Batman and Robin!

Posted Image

• Like 2

Honestly, all they have to do is "reboot" without telling the origin again. Jump right into the middle of one of Spidey's better storylines and just assume the audience's intelligence. I know most of you don't remember New Coke, but to keep making TASM films(even though I do like them) is tantamount to the Coca Cola corporation forcing us to have New Coke when we loved the original. New Coke was gone in less than half a decade and so will the TASM series. Four years after TASM, TASM3 will be the last one, IMO. They will just combine their ideas and make TASM3 and TASM4 into one film. That's my theory, anyway.

I agree with your New Coke comparison and TASM 3 and 4 becoming one film, but I don't know if any sort of regular reboot can work, even a non-origin one. It's just all gonna seem so redundant at that point, unless they wait a really long time and you know Sony sure as hell won't do that with this one of their only franchises. That's why I want something totally new if we are gonna get another reboot, like 2099. It would be entirely unique and different while still holding onto the brand name of Spiderman. And I think there's some cool potential there too for movies.

• Like 1