CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

1 hour ago, Royce said:

Ok ok, might have to bump my $1.3B ww prediction to $1.4B ww

In a perfect world this would reclaim the "highest grossing animated film" title from TLK

Still no songs though? Even Frozen 1 previewed a song in one of its trailers 

Frozen had its last trailer premiere October 18, about a month before its release. That trailer was called the "Elsa Trailer" and is the only one that featured music from the movie (which was The First Time In Forever, so not even that movie's breakout musical number). We could see a final trailer at the end of October but that's still far from a guarantee. The first Frozen and Moana had the pop versions of their main music numbers released at the beginning of November. I wonder if this will be the case with Frozen II. I guess we'll have to wait and see! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Valonqar said:

So Elsa's not getting a girlfriend or are they are hiding? I remember there was a big hype about it but I see nothing that indicates it. 

According to this, the answer is no. So unless the tie in books that come in next week reveal the truth, Elsa's likely still single. 

This looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I know (toy) merchandise hits about two months ahead of time, but dang this feels early for the books.

The actual novelization doesn't hit till the day of release, but the kid's books and Little Golden Books come out October 4th.

It's normal for Disney. They usually release the books 2-3 months before release.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Valonqar said:

This is going to be #2 of 2019 dom, OS and WW. 

Olaf sucks. Everything was epic til that punchline. 

So Elsa's not getting a girlfriend or are they are hiding? I remember there was a big hype about it but I see nothing that indicates it. 

They confirmed she is not getting a girlfriend as they never saw Elsa as a character for whom romance is an important part of the story.

Who knows. Maybe they are afraid the movie would bomb outside of the Western countries if they gave her a girlfriend. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Arlo245 said:

Frozen had its last trailer premiere October 18, about a month before its release. That trailer was called the "Elsa Trailer" and is the only one that featured music from the movie (which was The First Time In Forever, so not even that movie's breakout musical number). We could see a final trailer at the end of October but that's still far from a guarantee. The first Frozen and Moana had the pop versions of their main music numbers released at the beginning of November. I wonder if this will be the case with Frozen II. I guess we'll have to wait and see! 

If I recall correctly they release clips of songs on youtube before the movie came out... including Let It Go.

I'm guessing they will do the same.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndyLL said:

If I recall correctly they release clips of songs on youtube before the movie came out... including Let It Go.

I'm guessing they will do the same.

You're partially correct. They only officially released ONE clip pre-release and that was the "The Party is Over" clip on October 25, 2013. The first clip of any songs from the movie (Let It Go sequence) was released December 6, 2013 and Demi Lovato's Let It Go was released November 1, 2013.

Edited by Arlo245

1 minute ago, Arlo245 said:

You're partially correct. They only officially released ONE clip pre-release and that was the "The Party is Over" clip on October 25, 2013. The first clip of anf songs (Let It Go from the movie) was released December 6, 2013 and Demi Lovato's Let It Go was released November 1, 2013.

welcome back to the forums man. 👀

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arlo245 said:

You're partially correct. They only officially released ONE clip pre-release and that was the "The Party is Over" clip on October 25, 2013. The first clip of any songs from the movie (Let It Go sequence) was released December 6, 2013 and Demi Lovato's Let It Go was released November 1, 2013.

These must be what I"m thinking about.

Menzel sang it at D23.  Disney put out a few videos:

Based on this the soundtrack was released Nov 1.