CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

8 minutes ago, movieboner said:

2019 is stacked like the Warriors and Patriots. Here are my top 5 Dom:

1. Star Wars Episode 9

2. Avengers Endgame

3. Pikachu

4. The Lion King 

5. Frozen 2

There goes them Pikatrolls. Anyone seriously putting Pikachu in the top 5 is seriously wacked or trolling.

• Like 4

It's honestly pretty smart of them to go in a more "epic adventure" kind of tone in their marketing (and I assume the movie). It's basically positioning itself as the series growing up alongside the audience that saw the first movie, which helps broaden the appeal to older audiences and diminishes the 6-year gap issue.

I also love how updated the animation is. Not just because of advancing technology, but even the lighting and staging seems like a huge upgrade from the last movie.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

It's basically positioning itself as the series growing up alongside the audience that saw the first movie, which helps broaden the appeal to older audiences and diminishes the 6-year gap issue.

That back-fired for the Dragon series 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

To be fair, Frozen didn’t have a TV series to dilute the brand as well as the appeal to stay relevant.

There were other issues in play, but merely saying the more mature tone will help subdue potential drop-off due to time-lag isn't that accurate since it already failed with the (2 year shorter) time-lagged Dragon sequel.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Still, Frozen feels like it has a very strong relevance in pop culture today. Arguably more than what the first HTTYD movie had when its first sequel dropped

Totally agree.

5 Years Later and,

1. Let It Go has 1.68 BILLION views on YouTube. 

2. Sold-out musical on Broadway, which relit the fandom's flame.

3. Elsa and Anna featured heavily in Wreck-It-Ralph, and were talked about for like a year leading up to WIR's release.  

If Disney was smart they'd put this in front of Captain Marvel. 

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Totally agree.

5 Years Later and,

1. Let It Go has 1.68 BILLION views on YouTube. 

2. Sold-out musical on Broadway, which relit the fandom's flame.

3. Elsa and Anna featured heavily in Wreck-It-Ralph, and were talked about for like a year leading up to WIR's release.  

If Disney was smart they'd put this in front of Captain Marvel. 

Considering it’s out now, they probably will attach it to Captain Marvel, likely with an Endgame trailer.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I love real teasers and I never understood, why Hollywood got rid of them.

And this is a perfect example, of how you make crowds interested, without showing them anything.

Great stuff, Disney. Well played.

Disney's the only one I can think of that still does it regularly. Sometimes it works really well (Lion King, Endgame, this), sometimes less so (Aladdin, TS4).

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2