CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

Great for a teaser, but I still think I would have preferred a full-out trailer. Either way, this is going to be huge. I'm fully anticipating something like 140M opening, followed by like 100+ Thanksgiving. Could definitely see this going above 500

• Like 3

This was one of my top 5 most anticipated films of the year even before this trailer came out because, apart from the fact that I love the first, I've always wanted to see how Disney would handle a sequel to one of their animated musicals. It's uncharted territory for them.
After seeing this teaser, I wonder if the reception to Olaf's Frozen Adventure was one of the best things that could've happened to this movie's marketing campaign. In contrast to the teaser for the original in which he was front and center, he is hardly visible in this trailer and only shares the screen with other key characters. The marketing strategy in general appears to be addressing one of the main questions raised by people when this was announced: Why? Despite the relatively long gap between the first and second movies, I've sensed the threat of this property being overexposed, and worried that kids who loved the original back in 2013 might have grown tired of it by now. Therefore, Disney seems to be directly appealing to the skeptics, showcasing the stunning visuals, not relying upon the beloved songs from the first film like Let It Go (the use of Vuelie in this teaser was awesome), and hinting towards an intriguing, mysterious plot.
Suffice to say I love what I've seen so far.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

The bits with Elsa look super cool......and though it's been 5 years, I'm still annoyed at everyone claiming this is the pinnacle of representation and not listening to valid criticism, so....

Screen-Shot-2019-02-13-at-9.24.32-AM.png

There's plenty of time to convince me otherwise but for now, I'm muting this all over the internet.

What are you even talking about. Nobody has said this is the "pinnacle of representation". They loved the fact that the main characters weren't saved by a man, but by themselves. And the love for each other.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The first half of that trailer reminds me of the Kubo and the Two Strings teaser. The last half looks like a Brave sequel. Definitely not what I expected. 

Probably why I loved it so much. Those are two of my favorite animated movies.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Great for a teaser, but I still think I would have preferred a full-out trailer. Either way, this is going to be huge. I'm fully anticipating something like 140M opening, followed by like 100+ Thanksgiving. Could definitely see this going above 500

Most teasers are better than full trailers. Especially lately. 

• Like 2