CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

39 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

That looks gorgeous.

The opening shots of the ocean were amazing... I was confused at 1st thinking I was watching the wrong trailer because it looked real from a distance.

Spazzing out with AndyLL over a Frozen thread. Good times. Hopefully DamienRoc, Frozen Unicorn and the rest of the crew return (with @Claire of Themyscira playing the mandatory antagonist who pops in to tell Elsa stans to shut it :wub: ).

Also, it's been 5+ years since late 2013/early 2014? :ohmygod:

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Spazzing out with AndyLL over a Frozen thread. Good times. Hopefully DamienRoc, Frozen Unicorn and the rest of the crew return (with @Claire of Themyscira playing the mandatory antagonist who pops in to tell Elsa stans to shut it :wub: ).

while I didn't join the forums because of Frozen it was the 1st time I really participated.

I just looked at the schedule and there is nothing.... Frozen II will get the premium screens for a while.  Can't wait to see it in Dolby and they better do a double feature.

• Like 2

This is such a minor, trivial thing, but I love that they've used II instead of '2' in the title. Perhaps it's because it makes me think of The Godfather Part II and even The Last of Us Part II, but I feel like when a property uses roman numerals it suggests it should be taken seriously.

Although, there was The Hangover Part II.

Edited by gadd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Could this come close to Incredibles 2's OW record?

2 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I kinda doubt it, because of Thanksgiving in the following week.

Two factors in my opinion will determine this, how frontloaded this will be and how barren the family market will be. A lot of the 7-8 year old girls who’ve seen Frozen are early teens now, and some mild nostalgia can take place and potential play more like Catching Fire than Frozen. There’s also a lack of big hits from Lion King to Frozen II except for Joker which is a wild card.

In my honest opinion, there’s a plausible and somewhat realistic chance that Pets 2, Pikachu, Toy Story 4 and Aladdin all go sub or barely reach $300M DOM as Lion King does around barely over $600M due to how competitive the landscape is. As I’ve said early there’s a likely chance no family movie between TLK and Frozen II crosses $100M DOM, the best chances are Spies In Disguise from Blue Sky and Dreamworks Abominable in September, both apart by two weeke. Blue Sky hasn’t had a domestic hit since Peanuts in 2015 and I still believe it may end up on Disney+ as Abonimable is the third yeti animated feature in a year and the closeness of the two films will hurt in other. 

Those factors can cause to skyrocket OW along with how big and beloved Frozen is can potentially give us our first $200M OW for an animated movie.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

What are you even talking about. Nobody has said this is the "pinnacle of representation". They loved the fact that the main characters weren't saved by a man, but by themselves. And the love for each other.

I wasn't talking about here (I wasn't even here back then), but the world at large, tumblr.....it was a disaster.

I can only hope the world got a bit smarter in the time since but I'll just look at the pretty opening and be done with it for now.

• Like 2