CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

Damn it I loved the teaser. I'm one of those that still really likes Frozen despite the overexposure of it over the years. Much better teaser than Toy Story 4 and with little competition in its way I reckon it can push for $500M Domestic and also be the 3rd Highest Grossing Film Worldwide this year. Disney Animation will rebound after a slight disappointment with Ralph.

• Like 2

I really hope they follow through on the tone that was established in this teaser for subsequent marketing material. It has earned a lot of goodwill, even from skeptics, so resorting to a light-hearted theatrical trailer with lots of jokes would feel like a backwards step to me. However, I also understand that there may be a risk of alienating younger viewers if the marketing seems TOO serious.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

I just hope the darker tone doesn’t backfire like Prince Caspian. That thing turned off a lot of families/kids with the mega shift in tone from the magical The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe to the darker, more epic Prince Caspian.

I see what you mean, but I actually think the May release date sandwiched between huge blockbusters like Iron Man and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was what hurt Prince Caspian. The 2008 winter season, particularly December, was crying out for a family fantasy movie, especially when Half-Blood Prince got pushed back to summer 2009. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Much better teaser than Toy Story 4

I would actually pay TEN tickets price worth to the producers of TS4 - to NOT produce it, and NOT release the movie. I am THAT uninterested it this reheated overexposed ancient garbage. If more people were rich and generous like me, we could save the world from TS4.

Pixar have been a joke for more than a decade now - with rare exceptions like Brave & Coco.

Edited by shayhiri

I definitely agree it's an effective teaser, even for ones like me who have always thought Frozen is overrated and came to hate the pop culture oversaturation it reached. But yeah, marketing like this + zero competition for its release frame + if it's well received then I will say challenging I2 numbers DOM might  be possible. And OS will obviously be massive. #2 of the year WW is seeming pretty locked. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Top 5 DOM for the year

1. Pika Pika

2. Frozen 2

3. Endgame

4. The Lion King

5. Star Wars 9

Nothing's going to touch Endgame DOM or OS this year, but the #2-6 spots are looking to be a mighty interesting battle I must say (can't leave TS4 out of the mix yet, especially if Pixar pulls it off). 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Top 5 DOM for the year

1. Pika Pika

2. Frozen 2

3. Endgame

4. The Lion King

5. Star Wars 9

Its not even fair for all those tiny movies that Pika-Pika is released this year. They just dont stand a chance.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I dunno. Im not even that bad at Latin (i think) but im shitting myself anyway.

Good luck, (are you in school? University?)

9 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

It is trending #1 on Twitter for hours now... It will go over Endgame for #2 DOM 2019. :ohmygod:

Really.

That would so funny.

• Like 1

I wonder if the beginning scene actually happened around the time their parents died. Else sensed that something was going to happen so she somehow made it to the coast and tried to get to her parents before they died (hoping to stop the storm).

4 elements? Ice, weather, wind, fire????

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I wonder if the beginning scene actually happened around the time their parents died. Else sensed that something was going to happen so she somehow made it to the coast and tried to get to her parents before they died (hoping to stop the storm).

4 elements? Ice, weather, wind, fire????

The parents apparently died when Anna and Elsa were still young. I actually think that first scene in the teaser could be from midway through the movie. The fact that it ended without us finding out how she gets off that island suggests that this might be a very pivotal moment.