Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

11 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

better, yes. But it doesn't make this costume a cosplay.

And we still don't see it in action.

I think this muscle suit is very bad but waiting for the trailer 👍🏻 

I love Levi 😃

Edited by fabiopazzo2

18 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

My only concern for this movie is the director who's done just horror films so it feels like a weird match. But let's see what happens.

Wan had only done horror before he got the Fast 7 gig as had Scott Derrickson before he did Doctor Strange so it's not unusual

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I think this muscle suit is very bad but waiting for the trailer 👍🏻 

I love Levi 😃

This is intentional, I think, the point of the movie is to make everything look exaggerated, the movie is about a kid who becomes a superhero, he will not be a hero with a great sense of responsibility:lol:, at least not until the end of the movie.

It has been said before, but I really think that the premise of this film (pretty much Big Meets Superman) has the potential to make it the biggest domestic DCEU film yet.

If families take to this, its domestic box office will be bigger than Wonder Woman most likely.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StevenG said:

It has been said before, but I really think that the premise of this film (pretty much Big Meets Superman) has the potential to make it the biggest domestic DCEU film yet.

If families take to this, its domestic box office will be bigger than Wonder Woman most likely.

Umm $400m+? Yeah, let's chill on that for now.. 200m would be a realistically good result.

11 minutes ago, StevenG said:

So second biggest superhero debut ever?:WHATanabe:

As a live-action superhero movie with a teenage protagonist, with the smallest budget (and marketing); it is much more likely to be the smallest BO of the DCEU.

19 minutes ago, StevenG said:

I agree about having the potential to do really well (not sure about highest grossing DCEU film, yet). I'll add that if the film is good enough, it could really appeal to kids in particular, especially with the concept of a child becoming a superhero, which is what made the character of Captain Marvel / Shazam popular in the first place. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Umm $400m+? Yeah, let's chill on that for now.. 200m would be a realistically good result.

I never said that 200 million would not be fantastic.

I just feel that the premise has lots of potential to capture audiences beyond the typical CBM crowd. No, I don't think it will make BP money...but I could see a scenario in which it makes Wonder Woman money.

So you guys are saying they want the muscles to look fake then? I get padding if they want him to look over the top steroids buff like the actual comic book character, but it looks completely fake and silly. Not like roid muscles silly, but we stuffed this Halloween costume and these obviously aren't real silly. I doubt that's their goal. 

Edited by MovieMan89