Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | Zachary Levi cast as Shazam. David F Sandberg directing | Certified Fresh on RT

24 minutes ago, Alli said:

Exclusively for kids.

Really? I'm nearly 40 (*sigh*) and will be there opening weekend and I never read a Shazam comic book in my life.

• Like 2

Uh...this one's for the kids 🤣. Not sure if it's the right tone here. Connecting this to the darker DCEU is gonna be an awkward task. 

Yeah this is clearly DC's Ant Man. They literally put memes in the trailer. It took the trailer forever to get to the point, but I thought it looked fine. They really need to rethink that release date. And if this is the tone they're going for with this series, Rock's Black Adam needs to be fanny pack turtleneck Rock, not Agent Hobbs beat everybody ass Rock. 

Jack Dylan Grazer looks like the only thing worthwhile about this film. 

Fuck naysayers, Shazam has more tweets than FB and Godzilla! It's second only to Aquaman but beat FB and especially GZ by a large margin.

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Fuck naysayers, Shazam has more tweets than FB and Godzilla! It's second only to Aquaman but beat FB and especially GZ by a large margin.

CBMs can't be stopped. Literally nothing can compete with them right now. 

It's weird that people like these corny jokes in CBM, yet comedies are not making much at the BO these days

Edited by Alli

The "for the kids" comments are cracking me up. Oh noes a superhero flick that actually seems to know what to do and we can't even pretend it's our generation's The Godfather. 

• Like 1

Shazam is the winner of the day. Nobody expected much and now people are hyped. Real underdog story. :hi5:

No problem in making one movie for kids. The problem is when all of your movies are made for kids. The DCEU was always meant to be this diverse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The only recent CBM imo not meant for/suitable for kids was Logan tbh.

And, theoretically, Deadpool.

Shazam proves that DC still has amazing stories to tell and that Justice League wasn't the end of it, they'll get over it. I really liked this trailer!

Needs to open in December and will top 250m