RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (NGD 24.5M)

Next milestone for GOTG is beating IM1's 3.22 multiplier which could happen on Sunday and definitely by Monday. With the holds it's having it's going to easily beat IM1 and I wouldn't put it past to finish above 336M+ of SM3. Amazing performance.  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

1). No Good Deed (SONY), 2,175 theaters / $8.5M Fri. / 3-day est. cume: $22M to $24M / Wk 12). Dolphin Tale 2 (WB), 3,656 theaters / $4.6M Fri. / 3-day est. cume: $17M / Wk 13). Guardians of the Galaxy (DIS), 3,104 theaters (-117) / $2.19M / 3-day cume: $7.5M to $8M / Total cume: $305M / Wk 74). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (PAR), 3,273 theaters (-270) / $1.24M Friday / 3-day est. cume: $5.3M / Total cume: $181M / Wk 65). Let’s Be Cops (FOX), 2,755 theaters (-177) /$1.26M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.59M / Total cume: $73.3M /Wk 56). The Drop (FSL), 809 theaters / $1.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.2M / Per screen average: $5,218 / Wk 17). If I Stay (WB), 3,040 theaters (-117) / $1.1M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4M / Total cume: $44.9M/ Wk 48). The November Man (REL), 2,702 theaters (-74) / $825K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.87M / Total cume: $22.6M / Wk 39). When the Game Stands Tall (SONY), 2,435 theaters (-331) / $724K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.62M / Total cume: $26.8M / Wk 410/11). The Giver (TWC), 2,253 theaters (-323)/ $728K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.58M / Total cume: $41.3M/ Wk 5The Hundred-Foot Journey (DIS), 1,943 theaters (-224) / $696K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.48 / Total cume: $49M / Wk 6

22.6m for the top 10. Last year was 35.3m (but Insidious 2 made 20m on Friday).

Go Guardians. Crossed 300m like it was nothing. Astonishing.

The Turtles aren't slouches either. Will it cross $200m or is it out of reach?

Let's Be Cops has done well too.

And as Tele said about 100 ft Journey has a nice little total as well.

And good for No Good Deeds. Thumbs up Idris and Taraji!

• Like 3

Not sure about 200M for Turtles, but passing 22 Jump Street could be possible...so even with this debut, will No Good Deed hit 55M total? The reviews trash it, but I think audiences will like it "enough" to get it close to 60.

Wait guardians hittng 300m? Damn marvels on fire. Cap2 still the best marvel pic of them

all though. 1 billion for cap3? ;)

I love Cap, but I don't think Cap 3 is going to hit a billion WW.   Avengers 2 probably will, though.  

Cap's overseas take was boosted by that 115 million from China, but no movie other than Transformers 4 has even passed the 200 million mark (including Journey to the West).  I can't imagine Cap 3's numbers in China improving too much (140-150 million, maybe) meaning that it would have to increase a lot elsewhere (and domestically) to hit that mark.  Also I think the "Captain America" title can be a little off-putting in some areas (if I recall correctly, they changed the title of the first Captain America in some areas to avoid having "America" so prominently in the title.)

• Like 1

Also I think the "Captain America" title can be a little off-putting in some areas (if I recall correctly, they changed the title of the first Captain America in some areas to avoid having "America" so prominently in the title.)

I don't really think it's a problem anymore. Cap 2 made more than Thor 2 overseas and with the acclaim the film got I can see it improving internationally. 

• Like 2

I don't really think it's a problem anymore. Cap 2 made more than Thor 2 overseas and with the acclaim the film got I can see it improving internationally. 

Indeed.

Not to mention, that in terms of increase percentage, CATWS increased more from its first movie than TTDW did from its first one, including on the overseas market.

Also, in a majority of european countries where it started significantly lower than TTDW (Thor's main overseas market is definitely Europe while CA is South America and China), it was able to reduce significantly that gap through its run.

The thing is, CA has built a bigger momentum, goodwill and franchise recognition to increase even more on the third one...in every single market. His leading role in AOU will cement that even more.

To me it has the best chance to hit $1billion on its third installment with something like $320M domestic and $680M abroad, which is definitely possible in 2016.

• Like 5