grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

decent trailer.  I know nothing about the book or story, but it's basically a video game movie.  yes I know there will be more :P  but overall, it seems ok enough that I may catch it.  I'm sure more trailers will make a difference either way

15 minutes ago, Durden said:

If this movie gets anything more than 60% on RT then it is so obvious that they are just sucking upto Steven Spielberg. The CGI looks horrible and nothing looks even remotely as cool as Valerian's trailers did. But the internet is going to hype it up like crazy and critics will overrate it because it is directed by the beard. The lead looks good though. Boxoffice wise it will obviously get a proper marketing campaign and a proper release with IMAX and all..will do fine. Maybe 400-500 WW.

Edited by marveldcfox

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

If this movie gets anything more than 60% on RT then it is so obvious that they are just sucking upto Steven Spielberg. The CGI looks horrible and nothing looks even remotely as cool as Valerian's trailers did. But the internet is going to hype it up like crazy and critics will overrate it because it is directed by the beard. The lead looks good though. 

Yikes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

If this movie gets anything more than 60% on RT then it is so obvious that they are just sucking upto Steven Spielberg. The CGI looks horrible and nothing looks even remotely as cool as Valerian's trailers did. But the internet is going to hype it up like crazy and critics will overrate it because it is directed by the beard. The lead looks good though. Boxoffice wise it will obviously get a proper marketing campaign and a proper release with IMAX and all..will do fine. Maybe 400-500 WW.

The movie is EIGHT MONTHS away. Come on.

• Like 3

I feel like the use of Pure Imagination would've worked a lot better if the Berg had actually got Wilder before he passed :(

Otherwise, it looks... okay? I'll see it definitely but looks kinda just like a kid playing with toys rather than a good story here. It's neat to see a bunch of the stuff in the trailer (particularly Iron Giant), but I wanna know how it all fits together