Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

In these trying times, I just want to send a message of hope to US BOT members that will be soon exposed to the Alien Convenant Virus :

Be Strong.

Be Brave.

It s gonna be OK.

There s Still Hope.

From Québec.

Dennis.

BR 2049.

Next October.

Be Positive.

You(We)'re gonna make it.

:)

It's really tough to pick between Alien and Aliens. Alien was indeed a masterpiece that will go down as one of most thrilling, terrifying essembled horror movie for decades. With Aliens, Cameron showed why he is one of the best directors out there,as instead of trying to "out do" Alien and hash out an Alien 2.0, he instead took the saga and made it his own. He kept the eerieness we love, but he added and even developed more character development than even the first one, even side characters were fleshed out nicely and you legit felt horrible for their deaths. Both movies are classics and phenomenal in their own ways.

• Like 7

I think we can all agree that the latter two Alien movies are nowhere in league with the first two, that much is clear. And even the latter two are seperate of each other as Alien 3 for me was just okay (C rating), whereas Alien Ressurection......it's as low as an F as you can go. I hated every moment of it. Seriously. There wasn't even one scene I liked.

• Like 4

Lets face it. Story wise this movie is better than the original. Now given the fact its impossible to actually be scared in a movie nowadays id say that makes covenant the better movie. Back 40 years ago it was easy to please audiences.

51 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Lets face it. Story wise this movie is better than the original. Now given the fact its impossible to actually be scared in a movie nowadays id say that makes covenant the better movie. Back 40 years ago it was easy to please audiences.

Hahaha. Good one.

• Like 6

ALIEN, ALIENS A+

THE THING A 

DISTRICT 9, MEN IN BLACK  A-

Are my 'A' grade Alien movies discounting the ones where intelligent alien lifeforms have become an accepted part of public life (Eg: Star Trek, Star Wars)

as opposed to being scary (ALIEN, ALIENS, THE THING) or unwanted (D9) or secretive (MIB). 

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

Possible but the story is not what make Alien particularly good imo. The same exact story could have made a terrible movie in the hand of lesser craftman. It would be very easy to make a bad Alien remake.

Alien is such an accidental masterpiece it boggles the mind.

The giant making-of on the Blu-Ray tells the tale of the creation of the film and boy, so many random events that perfectly glued together.

I know you can somewhat say this about every great movie but Alien is a great illustration of that idea.

And Ridley Scott s career gives even more credence to this point.

On the contrary, Aliens is a thought-out masterpiece, conceived and crafted from A to Z by a Superior being :

the Engineer.

:shades:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

I love both Alien and Aliens.  Fewer things have horrified me (in a good way) more than Alien.  Aliens really just took the idea and went a totally different direction, which was very smart.  What really set them apart, for me, was that the characters felt so real, you could identify with them and care about them, unlike the cardboard, forgettable morons in the more recent films.  Both movies really hinted at this larger world with more stories out there.  I think part of my bitterness is that it could have been such an amazing franchise and then...wow, did they just muck it all up.  It is the what could have been that keeps bringing me back, even though I am inevitably disappointed.  

• Like 2

AVP adjusts to $55 OW. The fact that Covenant might not reach that is damning, especially considering AVP was a lazy glorified crossover promotion, while Covenant is being treated as a real franchise tentpole. R rating aside. Really goes to show the power of the 2004 box office. As for Covenant, doubts should be laid to rest now. It might not reach lofty heights, but Fox obviously has confidence.

• Like 2

Image result for aliens ripley

My Alien Marathon is in full effect:

Mon - Alien

Tues - Aliens

Wed - Alien 3 (Today)

Thurs - Prometheus (Alien: Covenant Prelude - didn't watch it yet)

Previews - Covenant

(Sorry AVP need not apply.  I just view "Resurrection" as some type of cryo-sleep nightmare, lol.  No need to watch it.)

• Like 3