Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

The Futurist    22,375

Aparrenty, there are two cuts for this film :

-an Overseas One.

-an American One.

That s all I got.

incognitoo    224
7 hours ago, Jessie said:

Sorry but we all have human instincts, theres a big difference between being scared/shocked and being a dumb fuck

Yeah, sure.

http://www.retainedneonatalreflexes.com.au/reflexes/reflexes-fear-paralysis-reflex/

http://theconversation.com/paralysed-with-fear-why-do-we-freeze-when-frightened-60543

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201405/neuroscientists-discover-the-roots-fear-evoked-freezing

But I guess this whole science mumbo-jumbo doesn't mean shit to a tough guy like you.

Edited by incognitoo
  • Like 3

IN BKB WE TRUST    13,015

Now showing at RONNIES 20 CINE/IMAX Beginning Tonight: In IMAX 2D No Less.. Fuck 3D..:ohmygod:

Select a movie time to buy IMAX tickets

IMAX No passes

IN BKB WE TRUST    13,015
12 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Club will close at midnight EDT.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24000-gotg-vol-2-1-3rd-wkd-ahead-of-aliencovenant-club-will-close-at-midnight-edt/

Is that to late?  Should I close it earlier or later?  

Whatever you choose to do is fine.. ;)

The Dark Alfred    2,834

Seems like this franchise is getting gradually worse. Alien was an instant classic, the best of the franchise. Aliens equally good, both A+ masterpieces. Alien 3 was a couple of levels down, still really good flick. Alien 4 is easily the most underrated film of the franchise, a wee bit below A3. Prometheus was meh. Covenant is just awful apart from some entertaining moments.

somebody85    2,587

Seeing this in IMAX in just a bit. Hoping it's a lot better then Prometheus...I revisited that last night and out of all the times I've seen it through the years, I probably liked it the least. At first I was like, this is better then I remember and then it nosedives when Idris Elba leaves his station to go with Weylands daughter. Bad writing decisions continue to bring it down from there.

Awesome score though.

Keeping expectations in check but still a lot more excited for this one then Guardians.

K1stpierre    16,778

Just got home after seeing this, will post a more in depth review later when I have all my thoughts together. For now, all I'll say is that it's definitely nowhere Alien or Aliens, but at the same time it's not as bad as Alien 4 or Prometheus. It's def in the middle where it has some good parts and things going for it, but then at times can be frustrating. 

• Like 2

cheesypoofs    1,301

I know it doesn't mean much but I've been hearing good things on Facebook about this from people who have seen advanced screenings. I'm sure it's exaggerated, but someone said "best alien movie yet".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I know it doesn't mean much but I've been hearing good things on Facebook about this from people who have seen advanced screenings. I'm sure it's exaggerated, but someone said "best alien movie yet".

That is a factually incorrect statement. The best Alien movie is the first or second.

cheesypoofs    1,301
6 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

That is a factually incorrect statement. The best Alien movie is the first or second.

Well I can't say it's factually incorrect if that's his opinion. 

Cookson    530

I enjoyed the film but...

one of biggest things I feel Ridley Scott is trying to show us is how you get the perfect alien...the Xenomorph. There's been a lot of different ways to get a alien, in Prometheus and Covenant. In Covenant we finally see it, but are we to assume Walter figured out how? How did he know you need a facehugger in the egg? This is where is disconnected and feel like I missed something.

Edited by Cookson

Matrix4You    1,662

did Australia do 3 Million or 4 Million OW.  The official number seems to be 3, but I keep seeing other things that say it is 4.

DAJK    10,630
23 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

When do we get estimates?

Not till morning, but I'm predicting around 3.5M

• Like 1

aabattery    18,087
2 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

How come this one says 4 million??

It's in Australian currency. The OW was ~roughly~ 3M in USD, hence why you've seen both.

• Like 1

MrGlass2    1,152
8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not till morning, but I'm predicting around 3.5M

Damn. This is a big event movie, what is Deadline doing?

Oh well, thank you.