John Marston

Friday, Dec. 26 Box Office: Hobbit 15.6, Unbroken 12.3, ITW 12.2, NATM 7.4 (full BOM weekend #s on p14)

I don't usually like wishing bad things on movies but Big Eyes looks so incredibly horrible to me that I'm ashamed to say I hope it fails.

I saw some commercials that made it look like some sort of sleek con artist film, no kidding, in which both protagonists purposely wanted to deceive the public. WTF? The way that it was edited and the voiceover implied that both Adams' and Waltz's characters were con artists, which is certainly not the case...

• Like 1

I saw some commercials that made it look like some sort of sleek con artist film, no kidding, in which both protagonists purposely wanted to deceive the public. WTF? The way that it was edited and the voiceover implied that both Adams' and Waltz's characters were con artists, which is certainly not the case...

Baumer thinks it looks bad because he doesn't get why Margaret would want credit for her own work though, which is just silly.

Still fail to see how making 44 percent of your budget in four days is flopping too.

Edited by Fifdddeee Shadddeees
  • Like 1

Because Tim Burton is one of the few directors with a vocal fan base?

Sure but it's still a tiny movie, easily the least 'Burton' movie he's made about a kitsch artist who nobody could name, in a fairly limited release and it's major pull is that it's from the writers of Burton's biggest flop.

It's gonna recoup its budget, and Adams has a good chance at winning her golden globe nomination. It's all good.

THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES took in an estimated $41.42M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $168.52M. #TheHobbit

AMERICAN SNIPER opened with an estimated $610,000 this weekend from 4 locations. 4-Day domestic total stands at $0.85M. #AmericanSniper

THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY - PART 1 took in an estimated $10.0M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $306.66M. #Mockingjay

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 6