LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

But the movie is not patriotic, no,no,no.

Yeah, I got no sense of patriotism when watching it, and whatever was left of it, went completely out the window the second

the drill met the boy's leg.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

I must be an old man, it was Spiderman in 2002 for me. (was quite fitting that ten years after that historic weekend TA broke it again spectacularly like Spiderman did) 

I was just a kid, and it was 1990 with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was all kinds of wonderful, when opening up the paper to find out that my most favorite thing at the moment, was loved by everyone else in the country.

Edited by Warhorse
  • Like 1

Its the Playoff games and then the Superbowl 2 weeks after.

Superbowl is the game roughly 1/3 of America and Canada watches fully and almost half pay some attention to. 

Here in Canada my friends never really watch Football, but we always have a Superbowl party. 

Chips, nachos, beer and drinks, big sports game, what not have a party? 

Ah, the Superbow, or what people here like to call it, a one giant commercial with football breaks! It's hilarious, that the game itself would take no more than 20 to 30 minutes to play, but it needs to be stretched out so the networks can get in as many commercials as it can.

• Like 1

In other news though, today is the 7 year anniversary of the release of the movie that got me into box office, Cloverfield. Just wanted to share that with you guys.

Cloverfield's 40 million opening was seen as huge at the time. And AS just smashed it to bits :blink:  Cloverfield's OW adjusts to 45 million!

1310576301803.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, the Superbow, or what people here like to call it, a one giant commercial with football breaks! It's hilarious, that the game itself would take no more than 20 to 30 minutes to play, but it needs to be stretched out so the networks can get in as many commercials as it can.

It'd actually take over an hour...

Not including a halftime break...

Edited by Jandrew

I deleted all the posts. Feel free to PM me if you choose. You might have also been replying to another post that was an issue. Things got seriously off-topic and/or weren't appropriate (in a few places).

This is not the place to discuss politics. It's not even a general AMERICAN SNIPER thread (in terms of discussing what was "real", what was changed, what real-life ramifications weren't mentioned, etc). It's not the place to discuss anything other than the weekend numbers of the movies. 

Also, just a general reminder: NO SPOILERS! If you're mentioning a specific moment or scene in a movie that just was released, spoiler-tag it.

• Like 5

I've been impressed since the great average numbers, I guess the oscar nominations were everything it needed to break out. Literally nobody expected this to happen, not even the film producers themselves and I doubt there were a lot of people hyped for this movie before it was released, so it won't be frontloaded.

Geez, I guess we can safely assume this is the 2nd 2014 OW with most admissions only behind Hunger Games. If this get #1 for the year it will be the most unexpected #1 ever.

• Like 2

Film that got me on to box office forums was Return of The King in 2003.

2004 has Passion Shrek 2 and Spider Man 2.

2005 had the insane ROTS hype train, and Narnia vs Potter war.

2006 had the famous Kal El war between Superman and Pirates.

Fun times. 

Funny, enough the film that got me interested in weekend box office returns was Twister in May/June 1996. The weekly television guide we got in the mail had the box office returns from the previous week under the Thursday section. I remember seeing how Twister was making all this money, and then Independence Day opened and blew it away. 

Even before then I was aware of the total domestic grosses as I liked reading the Guinness Book of World Records which had a section with the top 10 all time US grosses. I remember the first time I saw it, and being surprised that E.T. was #1. 

Still not sure why people are shocked about Passion's gross...now Beverly Hills Cop. Thats a shocker.

Eddie Murphy became very rich and a superstar at 21.

No wonder he became a diva ...

And yes the first Beverly Hills cop movie was one of the biggest monster of the 80's.

He should make movies that he wants to make, 

His recent comments make me think he understand what I just said. He has no beef with big blockbusters superhero movies because he likes watching them.

But I think there s a certain point were your style alienates the casual viewer and PTA s last two films clearely demonstrate that.

Inherent Vice is getting a tepid bo run even for a small/medium film like that and the Master was kinda of a flop too.