kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

27 minutes ago, Dipl Eng Kalin Kamenov said:

Yes. I agree with you for China is too risky, but will see. And I highly doubt on China to make so much money, but not impossible .... and so I wrote maybe. Hayp and nostalgia and the rest of the world is understandable, but particularly to China is quite difficult to predict because of the reason that when the original trilogy came out China had no market. And just because it does not know how many Chinese fall for Star Wars. But assuming that fall as much as in the US, then the figure is not impossible.Is not impossible, but like I said. maybe ;) 

Pretty agree. F7 or JW have exploded this year there. Who knows if SW7 can do it too... btw, welcome to the forums! :)

Edited by peludo

16 hours ago, DAJK said:

What could Wednesday's OS numbers he potentially? What territories is it releasing in before the 18th?

If Ep7 earned about the same amount (in dollars) as current opening-day record holders in the territories in which it will be released on Wednesday, it should make around $25 million. With the dollar being strong lately, I think anything above $20 million would be perfect. (They way I calculated this is by adding up the opening days of HP7 - P2 in these countries - assuming they are still the records: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows_%E2%80%93_Part_2#Other_markets. In certain countries where I knew that a different movie is currently the record holder, I used that number instead, e.g. in Philippines it is Avengers 2 with about $1.6 million)

• Like 1

Never in my life have I seen so many presales for a movie

keep in mind we are a small country in Latin America!! Star Wars was never big here until now...

I was in a bar on Saturday and people were talking about this movie, I think this is going to surprise not just in the major markets but all around the world (hopefully China breaks out huge)

So excited

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Scoobysaurus said:

Yeah, let's go ahead and insult the audiences of entire nations by saying they have bad taste just because they won't make a significant contribution to your preferred movies.

I´m not insulting anyone, im not calling idiots or something, we need to learn the difference between insult and opinion. Is my opinion to say they don´t have good taste, for example, in my country Minions, Ice Age & Fast & Furious films are juggernauts, and i don´t agree with tem, i believe they have a bad taste also. Don´t get too sentimental. 

1 hour ago, Ball Lightning said:

But nothing stops Star Wars. Looks like they're opening back up! 

That's not entirely accurate. 

Engineers are are on site and they'll make a final decision on the midnight screening at 7pm. 

Already records in Paris in the first minutes in the theater UGC Ciné Cité des Halles : at 9am 898 people were there to watch it

VIDEO OF THESE PEOPLE HERE :

11 minutes ago, Cynosure said:

16.415 admissions in Paris by 2 pm.

http://www.commeaucinema.com/box-office/demarrage-paris

To see how it compares to top 2015, top all time and top SW :

UnFMlMJ.jpg

SWIII ended up doing 3.303.005 first week and 7.247.000 total.

I'm assuming those totals listed are for the full day. If so, do you think it will break the all-time record?

No, these totals are all Paris 2 pm. It wouldn't make sense to compare a 2 pm result to full day Paris totals.

I don't think it will beat any first day records, especially since this Wednesday is a working day (unlike Spectre and Spider Man 3's opening days). But then evening sessions tend to attract more people in december, so who knows...

Edited by Cynosure
  • Like 1

No, these totals are all Paris 2 pm. It wouldn't make sense to compare a 2 pm result to full day Paris totals.

I don't think it will beat any first day records, especially since this Wednesday is a working day (unlike Spectre and Spider Man 3's opening days). But then evening sessions tend to attract more people in december, so who knows...

Cynosure, could you please tell me how is thay compared to DH2?