Neo

Robin Hood | Nov 21 2018 | Lionsgate | Taron Egerton is Robin Hood, Jamie Foxx is Little John

For once I'd like to see one of the Medieval movies do well, cause I'm tired of them ending with something along the lines of "and so the legend began" and then never getting to see "the legend" itself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Much as I like Taron, that was an underwhelming trailer. The slow-mo and fighting style had me thinking of it as Hawkeye’s origin story with Jaime Foxx as Nick Fury lol

That's probably going to happen someday and make a fortune. :)

I don't know why Hollywood is still trying to make Medieval crap happen. Unless it has fantasy elements like LOTR and GoT, no dice. Also, RH is old generation hero while the new one has their own heroes. Making RH look like a modern day punk is not going to put butts in seats coz that's so generic. Just give up.

I dunno, I liked the first trailer better. This looks like it's going to have a rather boring first half filled with training and derivative ''who's the thief'' plots from side characters, followed by a rather fun second half involving a heist etc etc

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, DAJK said:

For once I'd like to see one of the Medieval movies do well, cause I'm tired of them ending with something along the lines of "and so the legend began" and then never getting to see "the legend" itself

I am sick and tired of "New Takes" on classic stories, because they are never as good as the original stories themselves.

With Robin Hood, you have a problem that the Errol Flynn film did the classic Robin Hood legend so well it's very hard to top.

It was made in 1938,and had not dated a bit. And it is one of the most beautiful jobs of Color photograph in film history.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:59 AM, Zakiyyah6 said:

Lets face it, Robin Hood is going to bomb.

And from the trailers, deserves to.

I don't think the Errol Flynn version has anything to worry about when it comes to being replaced as the definitive film version of  Robin Hood.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I am sick and tired of "New Takes" on classic stories, because they are never as good as the original stories themselves.

With Robin Hood, you have a problem that the Errol Flynn film did the classic Robin Hood legend so well it's very hard to top.

It was made in 1938,and had not dated a bit. And it is one of the most beautiful jobs of Color photograph in film history.

This is a great point. 

Walt Disney literally built his business by taking the best stories in the history of man and adapting them with incredible care and genius-level attention to detail within the new media of moving pictures.

These stories are timeless for a reason. Which also explains why the most popular recent Disney classic (Lion King) is just a retelling of Hamlet with a little Exodus thrown in.