baumer

Terminator Salvation

23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Terminator Salvation

I think this is one of the more underrated films of the past few years. I remember my friends hating it, but I actually enjoyed it. It was dark, haunting in a few parts, and it was an immense delight to see the gradual evolution of Marcus' and Blair's relationship. I would actually argue that it has the better acting of any of the Terminator films, although the first two are better films overall.

B+

• Like 2

Finally saw this (I refused to watch it on the big screen).It's a really mediocre film but not in the way I thought it would be. In fact, story, characters and relationships work better than expected. ok, dialogue is bad in places and I didn't get why they were whispering half the time. But where this really misses the mark are camera and especially lighting, special and make-up effects and sets. Many scenes (like the complete first 20 minutes) look more like a major TV show than a big-screen release. The destruction sets are awful; most computer games look more realistic.C

Saw the first two, never seen the third, and watched part of this one on TV and like others have previously said it never quite came together, and never even came close to the sheer thrill and excitement of the first two films.And I really hated when someone in the film said "come with me if you want to live" it just felt laughably bad, its cool when Arnold says it, but no so much with other people.C

I think this is one of the more underrated films of the past few years. I remember my friends hating it, but I actually enjoyed it. It was dark, haunting in a few parts, and it was an immense delight to see the gradual evolution of Marcus' and Blair's relationship. I would actually argue that it has the better acting of any of the Terminator films, although the first two are better films overall.

B+

Agree. I loved it.
  • Like 1

One of the most daring movies of recent years, and it's also rather entertaining too, so it's a success in my book. Miles and miles better than Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. With Salvation, the story was actually going somewhere. T3 was just filler and a cash-grab. To make a Terminator movie that doesn't include Arnie as the central character, chooses a new John Connor, many new characters, with a new director...that takes balls and belief in the idea. I applaud that, and welcome more of it from Hollywood (but only for franchises that have a future). Worthington isn't completely shit in this, but close, and Bale is just so watchable in everything he does that I can never be unhappy with him. Some great action, with a great mood to this movie, and all of the tie-ins to the previous trilogy worked very well.

B+

There was nothing good about this movie IMO. Terminator got McGeeeeeeeee'd!

This just ended on TV right now. I still say Worthington is the best thing about this movie. He was way better than Bale.

Really? I thought he was as wooden as ever. Edited by Shpongle

The way the Terminator mythology/characters were handled in this film, it might as well have gone with the original script ending which was to have Connor die and have his face grafted onto Marcus to continue his being a symbol for the Resistance, if only for the lulz.