kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

this will underperform. When live action goes to animation it always does. See The Lego Batman Movie or for a more extreme example, Star Wars The Clone Wars

I agree with this. Some of the predictions I've seen for this are straight up bonkers. It's not like Sony Animation has an outstanding track record BO-wise.

The ceiling for this IMO is probably around or close to 150M.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:17 PM, John Marston said:

this will underperform. When live action goes to animation it always does. See The Lego Batman Movie or for a more extreme example, Star Wars The Clone Wars

This doesn't need to be huge like Homecoming does. Lego Batman numbers would be great for this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

spider-man-animated-movie-banner-expo.jp

Here's another one:

DAhuKT0XgAEwlk9.jpg

Some interesting things about this teaser poster:

They still haven't revealed the title of the film;

The colors used for this to those that actually know Miles are somewhat surprising. Red and blue instead of red and black, is Miles actually using a costume more similar to Peter Parker's on this? 

13 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Here's another one:

DAhuKT0XgAEwlk9.jpg

Some interesting things about this teaser poster:

They still haven't revealed the title of the film;

The colors used for this to those that actually know Miles are somewhat surprising. Red and blue instead of red and black, is Miles actually using a costume more similar to Peter Parker's on this? 

Yes he is, it was confirmed in around January I think.

• Like 1

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Really?! Where? I haven't seen that, I've heard about some concept art but haven't seen nothing.

According to a sizzle reel for SPA's January upfront, Morales was rocking a red and blue costume.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

You know, I really don't doubt what Chris is saying here. Lord & Miller are experienced in groundbreaking animated spectacle (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, The Lego Movie). And honestly, I think a lot of people, filmmakers and enthusiasts alike, know that this film really will have to be visually groundbreaking if it's going to stand out among films like Aquaman, Bumblebee, and Mortal Engines when it releases in a busy holiday season.

I'm stanning for this. I want this film to be the signal that Sony Pictures Animation is getting their act together after a weak year.

Edited by slambros