Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Deadline is also confirming RTH numbers.

PP2 - 23.6-24.5. I am expecting weekend estimate at 70m.

MM-FR - 16-17m. I am expecting 45m weekend estimate.

AOU - 17-17.6m. 40m weekend estimate?

HP - no saturday number but weekend estimate at 5.7m

F7 - 1.6-1.8m saturday estimate !!!. Deadline's extrapolation is crazy. I think range is 3.6-4m.

• Like 1

So I was looking at BOM earlier and I realized that Universal is on track to break the fastest to $1 billion record. Paramount reached $1 billion in 174 days (22nd June 2008 leap year). Universal was at $650 million as of Thursday. As long as Jurassic World doesn't underperform it shouldn't have any problem grossing another $350 million by the June 20-22 weekend.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/fasteststudios.htm

• Like 1

So I was looking at BOM earlier and I realized that Universal is on track to break the fastest to $1 billion record. Paramount reached $1 billion in 174 days (22nd June 2008 leap year). Universal was at $650 million as of Thursday. As long as Jurassic World doesn't underperform it shouldn't have any problem grossing another $350 million by the June 20-22 weekend.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/fasteststudios.htm

Good news. Universal is my most beloved studio and they are making a comeback in the blockbuster business .

Lol a bot to late but a sub 50 drop this weekend for aou was unexpected.

Should do over 30 million on memorial day.

How many times should we know this? laugh_01.gif

Plus a sub 50 drop for AOU was totally expected.

Edited by kayumanggi

Nothing against PP, just not my kind of movie at all, it's absolutely killing it.  I thought the 50m range was for sure in the cards, but dang the teenage girls are out in force.  

Overall, I'm happy with the Fury Road numbers but I was deep down hoping it would break out even more - really wanted a 300 type opening.  I just hope it can keep going strong because I want so much more from Miller.  I really loved the movie.  The 3 guys I saw it with (25-35 year old range) really liked it a lot also.  It's def not a hard R, but the craziness, intensity, and bizarre world may keep it from going really huge.  Come on word of mouth...we need more Max in the near future. 

45m would be very nice for MM. Don't care about PP2 either way but it's harmless enough and clearly killing it. Nice hold for TA2. If there wasn't so much focus on competition some better than expected numbers for that film might have felt novel.