kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

Clooney isn't a draw, he never has been. Not that his presence was the deciding factor here but it didn't help any. Brad Pitt might be the only 50+ male actor who can help a film's B.O. at this point. Depp's flopped out, Cruise couldn't sell EoT even with terrific reviews and the Scientology thing has further hurt him. Rouge Nation will sell on the franchise's name, not his. I bet his next original movie flops. Pitt doesn't have a lot of big hits but at least his movies consistently turn a profit aside from a couple art films he's done that had no chance to begin with. If I was a studio with a tentpole calling for a 50+ actor, he'd be the first person I'd turn to.

• Like 1

Poltergeist is a decent enough fright flick but the script is about as stupid as can be.  The dad is laid off, the mom doesn't work, yet they buy a new house, gets his daughter a new Iphone, buys his wife diamonds and gets take out every night.  Who the fuck approved this script?

During my divorce, I missed three Visa payments and it took me two years for the bank to approve a loan for me.  These guys can buy a house with no money.

I assumed the sold off their old bigger house to pay for the new, smaller one.

I assumed the sold off their old bigger house to pay for the new, smaller one.

He  worked for John Deere, she doesn't work.  How much of their house could they have paid off?

So Disney decided to spend almost 200M on an original sci-fi movie and released it WW without 3D. Kudos to them, even WB and Paramount didn't spend that much on Interstellar and that at least had the Nolan name attached (still somewhat shocked it made it to 672M WW after a not that great opening though)

How soon they forget.  WB just had Jupiter Ascending - $47m domestic and $181m WW on a $176m budget.

This was after Speedracer ($90m ww on a $120m budget) and Cloud Atlas ($130m ww on $100m budget) with the same directors

Max Max (budget has been listed anywhere from $150m-200m) and EOT ($175m) weren't cheap either and MM might finish under $400m ww like EOT did.

How soon they forget.  WB just had Jupiter Ascending - $47m domestic and $181m WW on a $176m budget.

This was after Speedracer ($90m ww on a $120m budget) and Cloud Atlas ($130m ww on $100m budget) with the same directors

Max Max (budget has been listed anywhere from $150m-200m) and EOT ($175m) weren't cheap either and MM might finish under $400m ww like EOT did.

Cloud Atlas wasn't produced by Warner.
  • Like 1

Poltergeist is a decent enough fright flick but the script is about as stupid as can be.  The dad is laid off, the mom doesn't work, yet they buy a new house, gets his daughter a new Iphone, buys his wife diamonds and gets take out every night.  Who the fuck approved this script?

During my divorce, I missed three Visa payments and it took me two years for the bank to approve a loan for me.  These guys can buy a house with no money.  

All banks have a clause for haunted houses though.

They'll push one in your hands practically for free.

• Like 4

All banks have a clause for haunted houses though.

They'll push one in your hands practically for free.

Is this true? I know in some states you have to disclose if a house is haunted. I think you also have to disclose if a tragic death occurred like a suicide.

I mean it sounds like America circa 2007-2008.

So let me get this straight.  Disney spent 190, and it's PG meaning family friendly.  It has Clooney one of the most known A-lister's in Hollywood.  Brad Bird is coming off Three Straight Blockbuster hit movies.  Yet it's going to make less than Mad Max 4?  As for "Poltergist" remake, honestly those numbers aren't bad at all considering it looks like a complete average remake.  It seems curiosity and name recognition as well as Sami Rami have helped "Poltergeist". If these numbers are true, I don't expect legs for "Tomorrowland" or "Poltergeist".