kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

Wow at that runtime. Not sure how I feel about that. Could be a potential negative for box office for a film like this. A lot of times these spy films work better when they clip along briskly. Then again, Skyfall was nearly as long and it didn't hurt that. This is really relying on delivering in quality though with a runtime like that, or else legs could get ugly. 

3 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

Ghost Protocol
Mission Impossible/Mission Impossible 3

Rogue Nation

MI2

Nice. Noticed you had 1 and 3 together. JJ Abrams is often accused of parroting and mimicking previous entries. Do you feel 3 (directed by JJ) was very similar to 1 or you just happened to like them at the same level?

51 minutes ago, John Marston said:

After the lack of epic run times for Jurassic World and Ant Man this is very welcoming news 

I'm not sure I can think of two franchises more unsuited to "epic runtimes" than those two. A bloated Jurassic or AM movie would essentially defeat the whole purpose of why those exist. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm not sure I can think of two franchises more unsuited to "epic runtimes" than those two. A bloated Jurassic or AM movie would essentially defeat the whole purpose of why those exist. 

Agreed. Franchises like SW or movies like Avatar or Infinity War warrant "epic" runtimes, because of the scope in those storys. JP and a (in comparison) small-scaled SH movie like Ant-Man 2 dont.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Agreed. Franchises like SW or movies like Avatar or Infinity War warrant "epic" runtimes, because of the scope in those storys. JP and a (in comparison) small-scaled SH movie like Ant-Man 2 dont.

The trailers have hinted at a more "epic" scope and stakes considering it looks to connect most of the previous films.

9 hours ago, lilmac said:

Nice. Noticed you had 1 and 3 together. JJ Abrams is often accused of parroting and mimicking previous entries. Do you feel 3 (directed by JJ) was very similar to 1 or you just happened to like them at the same level?

Like them same level. I'm always flipping back and forth between which of those two I enjoy the most so may as well have them as equels. Ghost Protocol is the gem of the franchise. One of the best action movies of all time in my opinion.