kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Are you saying that because you don’t like James Gunn?

Napoleon does not like anybody who was involved with Marvel Studios,period.

He is rather notorious on this site for his constant and automatic bad mouthing of Marvel Studios.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

I'm no particular fan of Gunn or his work, either...but all I can say is...things can only go up from the "Oscar-winning" first movie. 

Yeah, being better then the first is not a high bar to cross.

Let's face it, only thing memorable from the first movie is Robbie as Harley Quinn.

I take that back. You will also remember Jared Leto's Joker. That was like a bad autowreck:you really want to forget it very badly, but you just can't.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I’m not overly impressed. 

Looks like lots of “hey I’m casting my friend. End of”. 

Meh. 

Viola and Margot though, yay. 

Lots of directors  have a pool of actors they like to cast in supporting roles. The most famous was "John Ford's Stock Company"; he used the same actors in supporting roles in a lot of his films...and the guy won 4 Best Director Oscars. Martin Scorsese pretty much does the same. "Stock Companies" are not unusual.

Super excited for this as I’m a big fan of Gunn, first guardians was amazing and one of favourite cbm ever and the second was good as well. I really like the cast list as well. Looking forward to finding out who they’re all playing. 

28 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

*insert almost every movie ever*

Not really. 

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Lots of directors  have a pool of actors they like to cast in supporting roles. The most famous was "John Ford's Stock Company"; he used the same actors in supporting roles in a lot of his films...and the guy won 4 Best Director Oscars. Martin Scorsese pretty much does the same. "Stock Companies" are not unusual.

This one includes family, even wifes and girlfriends of family, family friends. 

Not just preferred actors: 

One thing I don’t get; does it seems odd to anyone else that DC has been trying to to make the Suicide Squad their equivalent of the Guardians of the Galaxy for the past five years? I get that following trends has always been a thing in the world of entertainment, but if you want to provide your answer to the fun and colorful zaniness of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, why go with a team of unpleasant criminals that has “suicide” in their name? 

Before anyone comments, I know that the Guardians of the Galaxy were all criminals as well, but they weren’t really portrayed as bad people, and a major part of the first film was them deciding to be heroes on their own. There’s also a big emphasis on family in those films. With the Suicide Squad, there’s nothing inherently fun or lovable about a premise of murderous criminals being coerced or threatened into doing the government’s dirty work for them. That’s really not the kind of premise for a movie that most parents would be willing to take their kids to.  

Honestly, if WB/DC wants to follow what has made the GotG movies so successful, wouldn’t the Green Lantern Corps or the Doom Patrol make more sense?