grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

I am sure I am way overthinking this but I hope the film addresses why The Meg attacks humans. Animals other than humans, be they land or water based, attack other animals only when confronted with fear or hunger. The Meg eating a human is roughly the same as a human eating an M&M. So hunger does not seem to be the motivating factor as a whale would be a much more filling and abundant meal for The Meg. 

So that leaves fear as the reason behind The Meg’s attacks. Does the underwater structure in the trailer have anything to do with it? Is there another reason? I hope this is explained as it is absurd for The Meg to attack humans who are heretofore oblivious to its existence.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I am sure I am way overthinking this but I hope the film addresses why The Meg attacks humans. Animals other than humans, be they land or water based, attack other animals only when confronted with fear or hunger. The Meg eating a human is roughly the same as a human eating an M&M. So hunger does not seem to be the motivating factor as a whale would be a much more filling and abundant meal for The Meg. 

So that leaves fear as the reason behind The Meg’s attacks. Does the underwater structure in the trailer have anything to do with it? Is there another reason? I hope this is explained as it is absurd for The Meg to attack humans who are heretofore oblivious to its existence.

Dont overthink stupid Hollywood monster movies pls. The Meg will attack humans cause it looks cool. Thats probably it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

Well, a lot of animals will also attack if they sense wounded prey...and all that takes is a paper cut (you know, the blood in the water thing)...so just imagine all those folks have paper cuts and bug bites that have drawn blood:)...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I've slowly came across the impression that critics seem to not like mindless dumb fun.

I have to disagree. But then I don't share the hatred of critics you see here.

Talk about overthinking something.

Sharks, we know,eat really small fish.. If it's food, they eat it even if it is, to them,just M and M size.

it's pure instinct.

• Like 1

Maybe Meg is just a bitch!

• Like 1

.....you are overthinking this. It's a shark, giant or not. It will still act like a shark, and because it's a movie, it'll act like a movie shark: a hungry bastard that really likes the taste of human meat.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Animals other than humans, be they land or water based, attack other animals only when confronted with fear or hunger.

That is really untrue, specially for sharks.

There is shark's that kill birds just for fun without eating them, my cats were killing other animals without any form of fear or hunger, they are biologically programmed to love it.

https://www.ranker.com/list/animals-that-kill-for-no-reason/laura-allan

Lot of animals kill for the control of territory or female, lions will kill baby of other predators to reduce competition, lions will kill the babies of what they suspect to be kids of an other male, etc....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I've slowly came across the impression that critics seem to not like mindless dumb fun.

It will be a lot of case by case, but many critics become less "critics" for stuff that are just mindless dumb fun, Mamma mia just got somewhat good reviews, Mission Impossible Fallout got a near 100% and I am not sure how more mindless dumb fun it could get, Deadpool was certified fresh, etc....

2 hours ago, LonePirate said:

This is definitely putting too much thought into a film like this. It's a killer shark movie. Om nom nom nom!

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Don't swim beyond shore break in rocky bottom water with cold temps. If you see seals, stay where you can stand. Know your fins (dolphins are cool). Keep the bling at home. It's a really simple algorithm to avoid a shark attack. Obviously, the easiest choice is to just stay out of the ocean 😉. I say this as someone who constantly swims/surfs near San Onofre State Beach where many baby Great Whites are spotted annually (cruise YouTube for videos). Also, I can't wait for this film to be released (bad reviews and all).

Edited by ThePhasmid