kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I think it will get there.  And as you know, it's doing well in a lot of Asian markets.  It might hit 1.3 billion.

Oh, i hope it does get over $1.3B WW. I already said before this summer, that it’s likely to beat movies like F8, BATB (2017) & Frozen (even though i like them).

• Like 2

For a movie to not be as good as its 1.6B predecessor, yet still do over 1.1B, has to be seen as a win for Universal. 

They have to BRING IT, for the final chapter. They went from the huge, terrifying Indominus Rex to pint sized Indo Raptor 🤣.

You cant have a little gecko running roughshod over Jurassic World 3 🤣. You're going backwards in fear, dude!

The giant Pterosaur? The GIANT one? With a wingspan the size of a commercial airliner? With an army of little pterosaurs at its command? I can buy that. 5 Indominus this time...all the carnovours allign to wreak havoc? Okay? 

Edited by OdinSon2k14

1 hour ago, scabab said:

Who was it that acted so smug when they said this movie wouldn't surpass Fate of the Furious Worldwide? 

It's obviously going to now. It's passed $1.2 billion already.

Here's the quote in question:

On 6/23/2018 at 9:29 AM, Nth said:

Under The Fate of the Furious worldwide?

On 6/23/2018 at 10:59 AM, Thrylos 7 said:

Easily.

Some of his other predictions 

On 6/27/2018 at 8:37 AM, Thrylos 7 said:

In its third weekend AATW will do some serious damage to it, so I dont think that we will see a rise from the grave for it....Anyway I really don’t see how this has even a slight chance for 400 million and it’s first Tuesday (with a number close to what many predicted for Monday) doesn’t really change much. If it was to have a tiny increase in Tuesday then we would be talking about 350 million.

Yep, as I immediately wrote after the estimates the 150 million number was suspect to say the least. 400 million basically dead and feeling really good about my 1.1 billion WW estimate , even with the underestimation of the os result which happens with every big film overseas. Kind of cute for universal to first announce the WW gross and then the U.S actual number .

Another hilarious underestimation from another poster:

On 6/19/2018 at 5:54 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Yikes with the way thing are going it’s looking possible that this movie will do under 1 billion. 

• Like 2