kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

23 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think people want this to fail because the first one was mediocre yet it made a bunch of money

I I thought the first JW was worse than mediocre. I absolutely hate it. Still I love JP & Lost World and really wanted this to be good. Sucks early reviews are saying it is pretty bad (from critics I trust). 

Edited by Empire

I thought Jurassic World was a fun timekiller but I've never had the urge to revisit it and nothing in the sequel seems like enough to make me come back for round 2. I feel this will be the case for a lot of people, at least domestically.

Still sticking to 1.2-1.3B WW.

9 minutes ago, Samarus said:

Jurassic world will be released tomorrow in many countries. They simply can not longer embargo it. Of you consider international release dates the date the embargo lifts still strongly correlates with a movie's quality. 

I heard some pundits say they thought the embargo suggested a quality movie for JWFK. Campea seemed oblivious to the international rollout.

Jurassic Park (1993) — 92% — 8.3 rating
Jurassic World (2015) — 71% — 6.7 rating
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018) — 68% — 6.1 rating (with 19 reviews)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) — 53% — 5.6 rating
Jurassic Park III (2001) — 50% — 5.2 rating

We'll see where it ends up. Hard to say right now, as we're only 19 reviews in.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think people want this to fail because the first one was mediocre yet it made a bunch of money

Well the first one is awesome.   It changed movies back in 1993

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think @Jay Beezymeant its embargo relative to its domestic release but yea it being released early internationally is why it got lifted as "early" as it did. 

But either way both DP2 and IW proved that late embargoes really don't mean shit. 

I think the danger is that people go to a JW movie for escape,particular nowdays,and this apparently is very heavy handed with a message. I am certainly not agiasnt  a action movie with a message,(I loved Black Panther) but the JW franchise does not seem a good choice for that.

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Lol at some critics saying “we know the drill” and giving a rotten review but giving a fresh one to Infinity War

:hahaha:

Honestly don’t care about this movie or whether it’s rotten or fresh, but given what’s been going on in the forum for the past few days, this post belongs in the Franchise Wars thread, not here. Posting this is just inviting a reaction from the usual suspects and I don’t think it’s necessary in this thread. 

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 9