kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

30 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Sorry but there is no hype for this one and reviews are bad

I don't see how this can even reach the 130M-150M range that was projected for it. :ph34r:

Hah 70% is not bad.

3 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Honestly don’t care about this movie or whether it’s rotten or fresh, but given what’s been going on in the forum for the past few days, this post belongs in the Franchise Wars thread, not here. Posting this is just inviting a reaction from the usual suspects and I don’t think it’s necessary in this thread. 

They’re already here, evidently.

Critics Consensus: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom adds another set piece-packed entry to the blockbuster franchise, although genuinely thrilling moments are in increasingly short supply.

24 reviews in and we're at 63%. 

• Like 1

If it's a fun time in the theater like JW1, I don't think anyone will care that much about middling reviews or whatever. Wom will just be really strong again regardless. I wasn't a huge fan of JW1 but I did have a blast watching it, regardless of all its flaws. That's all Bayona needs to have done in order for JW2 to go high (although it will inevitably come down from JW1 and Trevorrow will feel redeemed forever, me guesses).

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Their doing a consensus this early is the joke

My bad lol I thought you were saying that the consensus written on the other page was a joke....but I agree. It's 100% a joke and I don't recall ever seeing a consensus for a blockbuster type film this early on 

• Like 1

I see the people here are just looking at the RT ratings rather then actually  read the reviews. The good reviews are not exactly glowing about the film.

Bayona's direction is being praised, but the script it taking quite a beating.parituclarly it's forcing a message down audiences throats in a very clumsy manner.

Edited by dudalb

Just now, dudalb said:

I see the people are just looking at the RT ratings rather then actually  read the reviews. The good reviews are not exactly glowing about the film.

Bayona's direction is being praised, but the script it taking quite a beating.parituclarly it's forcing a message down audiences throats in a very clumsy manner.

The JP movies except for maybe 3 all try to have some sort of “message”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1